New home

I’m looking for suggestions/advise. Im wanting to move from my starter planet and want to set up a shop, build a home etc but with so much choice I’m not sure where to move to. So where would you guys suggest for residential and which mall would you say I will get the most business at? And if possible I would like some objective opinions, not just folk promoting their Malls. :rofl:

Well if you alrdy have friends in the game i would ask them first do they have a settlement you can join. It makes gaming more fun when theres people… even better when you know them.

2 Likes

Your best bet would be to read up on the current universe and its current layout; you probably want to run around a bit and also check out which malls/hubs you find busy at the times you play, not just on average.

Marking all of these, you may want your base to be as central as possible, but not necessarily on the planet that the busiest mall/s is/are… depends on if you plan to open your own portals mainly, as this minimises the cost to most places.

Else, you can find a world with colours that you like, explore the large hubs already on that planet and settle nearest the one you find yourself using the most. Because tbh if you’re near a hub you’re near everywhere… this however counts most for your base and not so much for your shop.

Also take into account that higher tier worlds that require protection will limit somewhat the players that can visit your store, while also making it harder to remodel your build due to higher block armor.

At the moment, gyosha mall is pretty popular, although I’ve recently started spending more time and money on legendville mall (think it’s on arie? - citation needed).

Edit: Also what buugi said, i forget people have friends… :foreveralone:

3 Likes

I know I’m biased now, but picked Gyosha to move to because it really does have some great stuff going for it… Gyosha Mall, of course, the Reapers also doing a lot on the world, plus I’ve found it very good for resource hunting. I also love the colors, though that is just me.

Legendville Mall is another I like. And Tana VII is a T1 if you prefer that. Sorissi is another good one for those, and Kindred Bay is gorgeous. :slight_smile: I do love my current home world of Alder still, and it IS very busy, but for all the builds not aware of any malls/markets there.

Circapous is fairly central and has the wonderful TNT hub (I think the location of Circ is why they chose it for that IIRC?), but is a T4.

3 Likes

No offense to mall users/owners… but theres no reason at all to even put a shop in a mall, with the right connections and a bit of advertising you can make a profitable shop in any location you like so you can have your home/shop in any planet that suits you.

6 Likes

Circarpous I is beautiful and only 1 point in caustic protection required, but you’ll have trouble finding a good building spot these days, if you want to make a large build that is.
Yes, TNT choose Circ for connections to other planets as far as I remember.

2 Likes

Well as you are there, and I do like the look of Gyosha I may move there and build a house/shop and then build a shop in the 2 Malls as well, just to cover all bases. :grin:

3 Likes

Yes there is, I don’t want to advertise every week on the forums that I need more sap, and I don’t want to keep portals up to major hubs. So a mall is a pretty good option for me :slight_smile: So if you don’t have “the right connections” and want to spam places that your shop exists, it’s a bit harsh to say there’s no reason at all to set up a shop in a mall

2 Likes

Fair point. I probably should of worded that better… there is no reason you HAVE to open a shop in a mall as their are alternatives.

Sorry I was just trying to offer an alternative to setting up in a mall and it may have come across as “dont set up in a mall” lol

3 Likes

No offense taken, just wanted to point out to people that malls are viable :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t just stick with malls tho, I hear the Nova Golda Market is very busy too and a joy to shop around at! And I happen to know they have some spots open at the moment!

And if you want to buy stuff from others thru request baskets, there’s also Coin Converters, a request basket footfall coop basically with lots of baskets from different people…

But I’m not biased at all, tho, nah uh! :smiley:

1 Like

Coin converters is my place of choice to sell things, love the whole mall so is one I’m considering.

2 Likes

Look up sunken town in forum has 3 provinces to build and a new Megamall we just started but the town is 4000plots and has a metro soyou can cut down on travel cost icant send link atmon phone to visit goultima world hub and there use aqua empire portal next totheps link its In the worldhub

4 Likes

Go run around and see what suits u…that’s the best way

bit late here’s the links

cant promise hoards off people but i can offer a clean and organized place just have to teach the people that the place is active after they come :joy:atm the town is mostly veteran’s and shopkeepers :smile: