New item: Shopping Atlas

Based off a conversation being had in a few threads and a few other conversations in other threads I started thinking about how we could make shopping easier. It was pointed out to me that this wouldn’t solve the amount of traveling you have to do but it would definitely streamline the ‘hunt’ portion of shopping for an item.

The item? A shopping atlas. Where as currently we have an atlas for exploring/finding resources, this would be the same thing except with a new function that I’m not sure can be tied in to the current atlas system. if it can then that’s a happy little merge waiting to happen.

The premise behind the Shopping Atlas is that it only looks at request baskets and shop stands. We could color code request baskets blue for buying and we could code the shop stands selling items as green, or red for a stronger contrast against the greens.

You put in the resource, just like if you were exploring, in to the shopping atlas and then it automatically shows you any hotspots for baskets/stands with the specific item you are hunting/shopping for.

We could leave the data regarding values out of this so we wouldn’t see any pricing wars directly from this like we might see in an auction house setup.

This is a crude idea without a lot of fleshing out but I got genuinely excited when it dawned on me that this could be a potential fix they are looking at to making finding shops easier. I would be interested in what others think of this and if it would be useful a useful tool to people who feel they waste a lot of time just tying to find ‘stocked’ shops to begin with.

3 Likes

Yeah I love this. Super good! 10 points to Slytherin.

1 Like

I’m Hufflepuff!

2 Likes

Not any more. Welcome.

3 Likes

Slytherpuff … and that’s an awesome idea!!! best i have heard so far.

1 Like