New look and new machines 🤷‍♂️

When crafting swords and shields If that ever becomes a thing would like the metal to be heated in a furnace and then you use that and beat it on a anvil.

Diamond tools would be cool to cut them with lasers

Just different animations for different things and a new look for crafting all sorts of stuff.
For example making fresh vital or anything that’s similar or gets ground up into dust can fall down into a jar like sand falling through an hour glass. Then we can place these jars as props or pick them up and use them.

1 Like

There were plans to revamp much of the machines and things as automation come in… I don’t know what happens now with the new owners and what they will feel is a priority in “new looking stuff.”

what kind of automations were they were working on? I never heard of this until now.

2 Likes

Interested to know as well, but guess it really doesn’t matter. Will have to cross my fingers that the team Monumental is putting together will give some attention to things that enhance this game even more.

The normal pipes and linking things to create things. Of course as mentioned it might be irrelevant now until we see where these new owners go. I don’t know how much of the original design, commitments (like for those that help fund the game), etc. that they are going to honor.

I once had a thought about automation and would prefer something more… lively?

With ghost towns all over the place, the “automation” could somehow improve the liveliness of a place by introducing the mechanic of laborers. These are not robot but should be sentient creatures. How would they work?

1. Farmers: harvest crops once ready. Harvests crops and put them into appropriate storage. Can be seen idling in the farm or a “barn” plot.
  2. Crafters: Assign them an end product craft with quantity and they autonomously craft starting from raw ingredients and all sorts of intermediary items.
  3. Shopkeeper: Restocks shop stands.
  4. Soldiers: Patrols an area within the beacon and kill all mobs that gets too close.

These are some of my ideas. In my mind, they should not be that efficient and balanced by how fast they walk and how much they can carry etc. Probably they can have tiers? And since they are “laborers” they should be paid most likely by coins. So they are essentially a QOL if you have the money but you’ll be much more efficient in terms of coin and throughput if you just do it yourself.

Ultimately, the idea is to give life to our places and they seem to be the natural option, someone or something that is legitimately doing something and not just a cosmetic.

2 Likes

I really like this idea of making things seem more lived in.
I think one of the bigger problems the game has is that your ‘items’ are effectively your wealth. Is there a way to expand this thought so that control over towns has more of a commonwealth aspect? Maybe owned by a guild? And the. The guild can aquire these laborers?