New player, bunch of questions

So ive sank a good 8 or 9 hours into the game so far (i had appointments cancel at work and had nothing but time to play lol). Let me start off saying that i love it so far! i enjoy the complexity of the recipes and trying to figure them out plus the slanty blocks is a game changer for me. It breaks up the landscape so much and makes it easier on the eyes, love it! so for all my questions some about where the game will lead and some just general im curious questions.

The whole rpg aspect of this game intrigues me alot! i know there will be a sense of classes with skill trees and such, i am curious to how much of a role or impact that makes on the game. will it feel like each “class” makes a significant impact on gameplay? like being a hunter in a voxel crafting game, will there be a monster or titan or something that will be stupidly hard without hunters or is it that they will just do more damge to critters and otherwise be the same as everyone else?

the wearables that have been shown that derive from certain critters will this perhaps be a crafting system similar to monster hunter?

The different stages of the critters that have been shown off will this be something that we will level them up and they will change to the bigger form or is each level just a stronger version able to found in the worlds? will they be our pets since they were labeled as livestock?

How many different types of critters will there be? if anyone knows, on the site page in the creatures part there is an image with many variations of the same creatures is this something we will see? like 10 or 15 base creatures with many variations for each “species”?

being a mmo rpg esk game how much influence is that rpg aspect going to play or will it be a kind of underlying part but not a key element to the game? will there be block recipes that drop from world bosses or titans that are super rare and hard to come by so that if your guild or you yourself get one its a sense of prestige for you or your guild to build with it?

will we ever get swords?

I love the amount of recipes in the game so far are there alot more going to be added? cause that would be awesome. will we see more designer blocks that take several stone types together to make a super fancy complex block?

is there any idea how many more block types will be added? i just love variation

to anyone who has made it this far thank you for reading and putting up with my bad grammar lol but any insight would be much appreciated, but love the game and yall keep building and havin fun!

6 Likes

It looks like you’ve been reading up a lot on the devlog. That’s wonderful! But for the most part, that’s all of the information any of us have too. The only thing I can answer definitively is that yes, we will be seeing more block types, recipies, more monster varients, and more items in the future. Most information beyond that is purely speculation!

3 Likes

Yeah i tried to find as much as i could before asking but figured i may have missed something somewhere. Thank you for the reply tho. Im excited to see what comes out in future updates! and i think i saw your house last night havok lol.

A while ago a developer shared this picture, stating that this is the (currently) planned creature set for the game upon release.

But keep in mind that each of these creatures will (most likely) have different progression states and elemental variations.

Most likely not, the developers stated that they want to refrain from slashing/wiping weapons because of the complexity of the animation.
So as it stands now, we’ll get a slingbow as ranged-, and a lance/spear as melee weapon.
Though, the developers also stated that those two weapons will be highly moddable, so you’ll definitely be able to experiment and find a variation that fits your playstyle.

I´m certain that there are going to be a lot more recipes in the future.

I´m afraid that only future devlogs will be able to answer your remaining questions (like @Havok40k already said), but I can ensure you that the rest of the community is just as eager for new information as you :wink:
Especially this one:

keeps me up at night :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for the extra info, i hadnt heard about the spear and im super stoked for that sounds awesome waaaay better than a sword imo lol. but i do hope the classes fell like they matter and they arent just fluff, that would make the rpg aspect of the game feel way more involved and meaningful.

1 Like