New Player Experience: Dealing with all the empty shops

I have some shop stands that are empty simply because I haven’t had time to restock them or I need time to get more stock. My bone, tallow, hide, etc., stands are popular. However, I need to get the stuff from hunts and there just aren’t enough hunts to go that fit my schedule and are a level I am comfortable with. This would have to be implemented with leeway for people.

I meant the “tax” on every item doesn’t benefit anybody as it stands. Sorry if I didn’t communicate that as well as I could have. The tax they have now needs to be re-thought so there is a purpose to it before they add a new one.

1 Like

Ah, yeah it’s something that originally had stuff planned that got scrapped. Those taxes were supposed to go to a planetary government based on owners of the highest prestige cities. Obviously there are social issues with that sort of thing.

Well, you can always go and hunt on safe planets where creatures don’t attack unless provoked. Hunt 1 by 1 and slowly rebuild it.

I honestly think this issue has already been solved.

Using the Knowledge menu to see the “Buy From/Sell To” prices of every shop on the planet, AND how many people have visited the shop… makes it a non issue.

“Oh, I see this person is selling 14,000 sackcloth for 5c ea… and they have 50 visitors?!? Oh and only 1000m away! Sounds like a good shop to me”

Then you B-Line for that shop that has the thing you want, passing 50 abandoned shops, and 40 abandoned plots… doesn’t matter, I know where I am going.

7 Likes

I’m with @Crete. The knowledge tab pretty much solves empty shops. Combined with BUTT tracker you’ll have your own personal gps to find the things a new player needs. And If a new player can make it to here they can find the info they need to navigate the game easily.

4 Likes

Totally agree with an in game shop search function AS LONG AS it’s current. I can not tell you how many hours I have poured over BUTT and Boundlexx, found the item I want, get to said location (sometimes having to trek across terrain to get there due to lack of portals) and the shop is empty. Same with request baskets
I detest shopping IRL and it’s a real chore in game.
Plenty of times I have just gone to do something else after spending 2 hours trying to buy something.
It’s a voxel building game … get the rest of the content to support that, so players can build. Not spend time AND real money (gleam club etc) just trying to get what they need to get to the building part.
As the game is now I consciously set aside time to just search shops. Knowing full well 85% of them will be empty unless it’s a well established area like Foxxy’s , Roxie’s, DarthPain’s, Doza’s and Illuminati concrete.
Thank you to the all of the above for being so diligent in keeping your shops full of things for players like me to clear o … buy from :wink:
bags and bags of marshmallows

2 Likes