New role branch - scholar(🚧 under construction)

Now the players’ roles in the game are:

• Hunter (combat skills)
  • Miner (mining skills)
  • Collector (collecting skills)
  • Architect (build skills)
  • Processor (craft skills)

I envision a new role type - Scholar

• New Ability Bonus Skill:
    Learning Bonus:
    • Increased experience gains by 1/1/2/2/3/3/4/4% (Total 20%)
  • New Crafting Recipe Skill:
    • Writing tools Recipe
      1. Pen & ink
        1.1. Pencil (stick * 1, charcoal * 1)
        1.2. Feather pen & ink (Road Runner Feather * 1, Ink * 50, Glass * 1)
      2. Paper
        2.1. Parchment * 2 (Hide * 4)
        2.2. Paper * 10 (Bucket of Wood Pulp * 1)
    • Book Crafting Recipe
      Books are making at the Crafting Table. Only one book can be made at a time.
      After making a book, you will get an “Inspiration Exhaustion” Debuff - the effect is similar to the death penalty.
      When you’re in “Inspiration Exhaustion” Debuff, you can’t make new book.
      1. Exp Books - this will allow players to sell their exp as a commodity
        1.1. <Art of Mining> - 5k exp. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 7.5k exp)
        1.2. <Art of exploring> - 10k exp. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 15k exp)
        1.3. <Art of Hunting> - 20k exp. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 30k exp)
        1.4. <Art of Epic Working> - 40k exp. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 50k exp)
      2. Tech Books - Provide a temporary buff. These Buffs are compound type and can coexist with the Buff by food. These book are can be used 5 times. Buff lasting 1 hour
        2.1. <Tips of Hunting> +10% Weapon crit, +20% Weapon crit damage, +10% Weapon damage, -10% Weapon endurance consumption. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 50k exp)
        2.2. <Tips of Mining> +25% Tool damage, -10% Tool endurance consumption. +10 Tool action speed (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 50k exp)
        2.3. <Tips of Defensive> +100 Kinetic/Impulse Armor, +1 Protection Epic skill effect magnification. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 100k exp)
        2.4. <Tips of Learning> +10% Extra experience. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 10k exp)
      3. Functional Books - Consumables. Get some efficacy after use
        3.1. Skill Cleanse point Books
        - 3.1.1. <Choose Carefully> - Get 1 Cleanse Point. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 50k exp)
        - 3.1.2. <Remedy your Fault> - Get 2 Cleanse Point. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 75k exp)
        - 3.1.3. <To Be Better> - Get 3 Cleanse Point. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 100k exp)
        3.2. <Learn From Failures> - Remove death penalty debuff. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 40k exp)
        3.3. <Dance Up!> - Unlock a hidden emote. If all unlocked, it will unable to use(“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 10k exp)
        3.4. <Trade Negotiation Skills> - Reduce tax by 75% in next trading. (“Inspiration Exhaustion” with 200k exp)
      4. Attribute Enhance Book - Attribute Enhance Book will permanently enhance attributes of the character(with upper limit). These books’ recipe will unlock in level 3 Book Crafting Recipe Skill
        4.1. <Physical Fitness> +2 pts Vitality. (Need level 8 Vitality Bonus skill. +10 pts max. “Inspiration Exhaustion” with 500k exp)
        4.2. TBC…
  • New Epic Skill:
    Learning Epic: Increased experience gains by 30%
    Quick Thinking Epic: Reduced exp required by 25% for “Inspiration Exhaustion”

(Continue tomorrow)

2 Likes

I like the idea, but what the book would be good for?

To slap spitter snouts while screaming “No spitting allowed, learn some etiquette you ignorant barbarian!”
I like the idea too, perhaps some lore books would be good too.

7 Likes

I’m imagining a stereotypical litterature nerd trying to fight mobs witch cliché phrases.

mob detects you
“The pen is mightier than the sword!”
aggros mob
“Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me”
mob attacks
“OH GOD! THOSE AREN’T WORDS!”
You have been defeated

7 Likes

Update!!!

1 Like

you could maybe have a book that compiles a collection of good minig/gathering locations for all the resources and sell it for an enormous amount of coin ^^ also it would be really cool if books could contain a one time recipe to use for crafting a thing even if you havent the needed skill, the book would be destroyed in the process :smiley:

and of course: i would just love to see peoples creative writings contained in books, so they can make coin, even if they dont want to craft or farm all day, but just entertain the community with nice lore :smiley:

1 Like

cool idea!

Something updated