New role

New idea stemmed from @Crete I think, what if we had a new role for some players during meteors, fort builders! They would create s safe haven for players during meteors, centralizing any needed revives, protecting from wild stock rams, and cuttletrunk blasts from above?

2 Likes

as it stands right now, the large groups so easily take care of meteors that you don’t need to build these.

They DO come in handy for small groups tho. Build a fort, and encase at least one player. Even if everyone else dies, the meteor will never be lost. Just throw bodies at it until you win. Respawn respawn respawn.

Added bonus: The Mobs only actively seek out players with meteor lives left. So once everyone else dies, they will all come together in one spot, trying to kill that last person in the fort. Makes for easier targets =P

You mean… dig down 6 and close the hole? :yum:

Can see the hidden achievement “6feet under- survive an entire meteorite assault under ground”

1 Like

I have no clue or imagination on how you fit all this into a role/specialization but you may wanna check this idea out. I can see prefabs being very handy Building Blueprints - Idea Expanded

lol, 6 blocks under. You remember that hunt? lol. I think I joined with my Farming char, and died like 50 times… Then someone dug under the sand and all the Cuttletrunks were bouncing off the ground trying to get to her.

Now, if you dig a hole, that person can’t contribute. You gotta have little rampart slits to shoot out of. Maybe chiseled so spitters cant shoot thru?

Yeah that was hilarious. As for contributing, just rotate the digger… “last one in gets buried alive!”

For sure, that person would want the Taunt Epic. even better if everyone else has the opposite one, that doesnt aggro mobs?

2 Likes

Yeah, blueprints could work, but I was thinking speed builders in crisis mode lol, especially for say t7 meteors, though it would be interesting to see if they make t7 hostile or volatile to where builds are destructible, would make a neat pve opportunity for say multiple meteor battles.

Could add some skill for giving armor to placed blocks or added health to blocks, on the t7 or pve planets