Advices for shop

Hi there!

I’m currently working on my new shop and i would like to have advices for getting well started, things to know and things to do or don’t.

I would like to be on the average price, I remember i saw someone posted a pricing website, but i can’t find it😒.

Thanks for your awnsers!

1 Like
  1. Sell something worth to buy on the market. (Power coil / gem tools / gleam … etc)
  2. Focus on 1 to 2 area should be easier for customer to remember your store(like food shop only have foods)
  3. Connect as much portals to huge city’s shopping hub.
  4. Sell a fair price ( you can visit every shop and decide the average price)
  5. Re-fill your shop as soon as possible (People usually check your shop everyday, so fill it up fast you can keep your loyal customer)
  6. build a nice organize shop interior design, and make your shop looks nice :slight_smile:
  7. Post your shop info on the forum, and list all the thing you are selling / re-fill with price, and the materials you are looking for buy in.
3 Likes

https://boundlessskill.com/shops-item-catalog

4 Likes

Thanks for that guys!

1 Like

Dont bit off more then you can chew.
By this I mean, dont have more shop stands then what you can restock on a regular basis. Nothing turns me off of a shop like a bunch of empty stands. If I see alot of empty stands, I quickly move on to the next shop.

Have signs on the stands and write the price for easy visibility of what your charging.

Try to section out your wares so everything is nice and tidy (looks more appealing to the consumer)

If your going to be a small shop owner like me, I’d recommend a “weekly item” section where you can sell your overflow for that week at a killer discount and keep people checking what new for sale.

Price check as much as you can. Go through as many shops and get a general idea of how much to charge.

Put nice items front and center to draw customers in ie forged goods or higher grade tools/materials.

Don’t compete on price alone. It’s not a long term sustainable strategy

1 Like

Thanks for your advices, i will post some pictures of my shop when it’s done.

Thanks @Metro, before you said that, i had about 50 stands… I remade my shop!

2 Likes

Another piece of advice: find a niche to fill, or other ways of standing out.

There are endless “general shops”, which are all competing on price and location. It’s really hard to stand out, and the bigger/older shops will have an outsized advantage

I worked tonight on the presentation of my shop. I made it the most simple i could. It is not finished yet.

There are 4 sections of 6 stands.
Each section has: shovel, hammer, chisel, grapple, spanner and axe.

I want my shop to only sells tools.

In front view:
far left is copper.
Near left is iron.
Far right is silver and gold.
Near right is titanium.

Right now, I don’t have enough tools to put in the silver/gold and titanium section but i want to fill them.
Later, there will be 2 another sections for gems and forged tools.

I added 2 3x3 aoe hammers in the titanium section already. that’s a start.

I called my shop chocobo because my character who forge is named kweeeh. (Reference of final fantasy)

What do you think?

2 Likes

I actually came by that shop yesterday. Don’t know what I was doing there and how I got there but it sure looked nice. I do prefer shops with signs saying how much stuff costs. Saves me time having to go into the shop stand to see the list prices.

1 Like

I added signs on top of each section like copper 100c each. for the higher tier tools, i will put sign to every stands.

thanks for the feed back.