New To Game-- Request "Reset" and advice

Hello all.

I’ve found a similar few threads on this, and understand that in the ‘future’ there’ll be better character creation tools (deleting one for example, maybe resetting), however – I’m looking to starting playing with a friend, who’s usually the crafter while I do the gathering/hunting, so … I’d like to delete my current person and start anew! This is a common thing for me, I assure you, restarts happen a lot. (Plus I hear getting skill points is arduous.)

Can this be done yet? Or, can I somehow reset my person utterly? Any idea how soon the ability to reset might be available?

Additionally, how would I ‘team up’ with this other person once we both have the software and get coordinated? Can you form groups and the like? Haven’t experienced that yet.

Gorgeous game, enjoying the hours I’ve played so far. Love the portals, for sure. That’s what got me most lured in.

1 Like

You can create up to three characters :slight_smile:

Also, if the friend is on your steam friends list, they’ll be auto-friends ingame, and you’ll be able to warp to them after a brief tutorial, or walk/aim for the same place upon starting :slight_smile:

Ah ha! the Steam Barbarian tribe connection, awesome.

Perhaps I don’t need to reset then. How often do we get these (not used by me yet) respec points, or options? Cleanse options?

Appreciate the response, @Jyanin.

I did want to reach out to someone of the Portal Keepers to thank them for their setup/system. Perhaps if they are in need of someone harvesting to help fuel their portals, we can work something out. I love to dig.

1 Like

Rather than just scrapping your current character and starting from scratch you can do a reset in skills which gives you all your earned points back to redistribute. I think it’s in the skills tab on the right hand side near the top … if I’m wrong I’m sure someone will soon correct me :slightly_smiling_face:

The Respec is every week, but you get one cleanse point per level up to 3 total cleanse points can be stored. You level unlimitedly so you can earn unlimited cleanse points.

When you hover and it’s highlighted in red like this you can click to reset.

Awesome!

You folks rock, much appreciated.

I’ll wait to speak with friend once they pop on, and apply Reset as needed.

Much appreciated. I presume I can ‘share’ my Plot objects to friends for use, repair, etc? so we can build up together?

Otherwise, might be painful in having to be online together to swap ‘gear’/materials.

Yeah you need to click on the lower bit of your beacon and then you can set permissions for other people including your friend. There’s varying levels of access but if you set all three on they can basically do what you do (except change plots or destroy the beacon, I think).

Sharing materials - craft for example a crafting table (cheap storage when you’re starting out, doesn’t need Glue) or six and stick items in there. Once they have beacon permissions they can take stuff out / put stuff in.