New youtuber check it out

there is a new content creators out there. he is already up to episode 4 but I’m just gonna drop the 1st one here.
enjoy!
https://youtu.be/XVbICHPJwv0

11 Likes

Damn, it’s tough starting out nowadays. Hope he makes it!

2 Likes

Funny dude. :joy:

2 Likes

This definitely highlights something at the start there… most of the tooltips should probably be disabled in the sanctum, as they don’t actually work during the tutorial, which makes them misleading.

4 Likes

I agree, and also you will notice that he ignores the journal quests top left box and runs around confused for a while, this needs to be more obvious to a new player, especially as it unlocks some of the key parts of the game, ie beaconing plots etc. He does some of them, and then just carries on ahead of them, missing introductions to key game mechanics, I’d even go as far to say that it should be a tad more “nagging” than it is currently. just imo

3 Likes

Im embarassed to say i had no idea how to get foliage for like the first 20-30 mins i played. I ended up googling it and realized it came from trees. There were none in my area where i spawned. The tutorial could be redone to be more newb friendly i agree.

I think even keeping them in an instanced area (with the option to skip tutorial after your first character completes it) would help new players at least get a grasp of what they can do.

2 Likes

An instanced new player area would be a good idea on the very first character at least, that way you are hand held through the mechanics to a certain point before you get to portal to your destiny. I think as a minimum you should know about basic crafting, what the basic materials actually look like and how to make a plot tool and how to use it before you get anywhere near the planet choosing/warp tutorial.

2 Likes

It looks like being in the world instantly is a bit distracting indeed. Players just get interested by what’s around and stop paying attention to tool tips etc.

1 Like

Well done! Stay your hand on pulse :wink:

1 Like

This guy is really fun to watch. Very entertaining player. And highlights several of the intro problems for people who have no idea what the game is before they start it up.

2 Likes

His latest episode is really good, he finally finishes the tutorial journal quests and is now motoring ahead!

It’s nice to see members of the community helping him out and commenting.

1 Like

I started watching some of his other uploads too. Entertaining guy all around. Hope he sticks with boundless as a full let’s play. More the merrier!

1 Like

He’s 6 episodes in now and found Black Light. Going well. I think he just realised there’s a whole lot more to the game:

Enjoy!
5 Likes