Newbie forger need pricing advice/ selling first tools

hey everyone I have been trying my hand in forging and have been enjoying it very much,I would like someone with experience in the forging market to help me price these tools fairly, So far i sell titanium hammers with 3x3 and all/max durability and attract ranging from 7-9 meters+glow:) also one Titanium bomb with +2.5m aoe health, energy and status effect.

You can pm me in game

4 Likes

Just to clarify, on those hammers you’ve listed 4 boons, the 3x3, durability, attraction, and glow. There’s only 3 available boons on an item and which of the three will affect the pricing.

Edit: For the bombs it’s about 500 in material costs assuming you craft the compounds and such yourself and are using pure boon 3, gums, and resins. So with a 350 cost for the bomb I’d say 1200-1600 is a fair price.

i have 3 hammers with cross, 7-9m attract, and 1000 durability, auto harvest. i have one hammer with all, 5 meter attract, auto, glow.

Those hammers could work for farming either with glow or magnet, I have silver axes with those same boons and sell them for 2.8k each, since yours are titanium I think 3.5k is a good price, but switching to silver or something cheaper could be better idea.

1 Like

thank you for the replys, most of the boons i make myself are 1 and 2, i will sometimes buy the 3 but most materials at this point in time i gather myself since i do not have that much coin to just buy the materials

oh and one hammer with cross, liquid breaker and glow

What’s the effectiveness of your forging attempts? The percentage that shows up in the upper left when forging.

atm with titanium weapons its at 156, if i were to dabble into gem tools its 101:)

If I were you I would make some titanium hammers that you would use yourself. It is very tough to gather all the materials you’ll need for forging ingredients on your own so it really helps to have some other source of income to start off and get some of the rarer ingredients. Mining is great for that but you could also participate in group hunts or gather materials to sell. I recommend mining personally because you can make your own hammers and convert them into coin by selling the ores, coal, etc. Another major benefit of aoe mining is how much experience you get from it. This will help you mine better and/or forge better so it’s a big advantage.

The reason I recommend using pure boon 3 is because its such a large jump up from pure boon 2 with less than twice the cost, so it will save you in the long run. But that doesn’t mean that all compounds should be at the max. If you look at Vansten’s guide you can see how he uses corrupted boon 1 to great effect, though I wouldn’t go there until you’ve got a more stable revenue stream due to the added expense.

Basically what I’m trying to say is that selling forged goods early on is tough. It’s a very slow process to sell things, even when you have a lot of traffic. Early on it really helped me to have a source of income other than forging in order to get those ingredients for compounds and what not much faster, which let me forge more stuff and get more products available to sell. You can go whatever direction you find the most fun but if you enjoy forging then I strongly recommend a side hustle to fund it.

1 Like

Thank you for the solid advice! to clarify i make the titanium hammers myself, and have gathered a good stock of forging materials myself, the hunts have been an incredibly great source of various goods (and exp) . I hear what you are saying, i guess there is also a lot of competition out thereXD.

1 Like