Newest Frustration of a newer player

So I finally find ruby’s so I can finally make that silly power coil for my compactor so I can compact coal…

After 4 trips totally 3 hours + 3 hours + 3 hours + 5 hours… I finally found rubys! TY Jiivita…
I take my 16 ruby’s home triumphant to discover!!!

I need another 9 more of these UGLY power coils to make compact SOFT coal??? Takes the same power to compact SOFT coal as it does Hard coal???

Uhm Soft coal should take 100 Power requiring 1 of these ugly power coils!!!
the Medium should be 500 and the Hard should be 1000…

Seriously??? I am about to just quit this game as it really puts in some very silly grindy needless hurdles I just want to build a cool town!!! But yet I have to go thru far too much jumping thru hoops to do so…

6 Likes

I think most of us here can agree that there are things that do need balance passes. The thing to remember is that the devs have already stated that there will be, and crafting was specifically mentioned.

Patience. We’re still in Early Access, and not really even a true Beta – features are still being developed and added. There will be many balance passes to come before 1.0.

:slight_smile: :+1:

7 Likes

I have stopped giving passes to games in alpha beta etc… every game is in alpha beta and every games excuse is were in development…

I payed money for the game they can take my critique and work with it… but I no longer give free pass’s for games in development as that’s every game you play these days!

1 Like

To be honest this game is in a fairly decent and polished state…

my main gripes are:

Horrible Textures of blocks especially the high prestige ones…
Lack of Water
And now the out of balance Power Coils…

But for the most part this game is fine quite enjoyable…

2 Likes

I feel like not playing until some of these things are balanced or the next update. Seems in vain.

You paid money for a game that stated it was still in development. …and then you expect a finished product?
There’s a disclaimer about it being Early Access and still in development right there on the Steam page.

The devs here do listen to constructive criticism and suggestions, unlike a lot of other games. They often join in conversations, and even in group hunts in game sometimes. Your opinions on balance could help the game, if you choose to share them constructively.

This has been discussed a great many times. The sum of it is the devs would like to at some point allow water blocks, but there are reasons atm they are not in game. A forum search will turn up a lot of these conversations.

A lot of us think so, yeah :wink: And the community here is always willing to answer questions or help out. :+1:

Again Every game these days in early access… so that disclaimer means nothing to me anymore!
If your going to sell your game expect to get grief, if you don’t want grief then don’t put it for sale…

this is not the case, it’s not “every game in this days” :stuck_out_tongue:

I, as other people that are still here, bought this game exactly 3 years ago, and at that time you really had few things to do, the devs submitted to us a lot of aspects (you can go in the forum and watch all the thread and posts), we were cubes character that were going around smashing cubes, no tools, no weapon, no monsters, no planets, no people.

if you think this game is finished you don’t understand or maybe you don’t know what a big project is, if you think it’s finished and needs only minr adjustment you’r just content.

@Chivlet found an old thread by james yesterday (the one that you said was making useless your poll xD)

[ i personally dont care if the 1.0 is released in 2 years or more, you should not care if you need 10 power coils, we all agree and has been already said that all those power coils are too much and doesn’t give sense to the grind needed to reach it. ]

2 Likes

You really come off as a complainer, Sulfurblade. Work on your attitude. If you don’t like early access, don’t join early access.

1 Like

Are you definitely needing the power coils at this stage? you can still use coal without having to compact it. If you just want to build a cool town what’s stopping you?

1 Like