Non-forged boons

What if there were boons that you couldn’t forge and just showed up on weapons that you’d find looting? That would be an interesting avenue to explore. Maybe some really powerful boons like AoE 4x4, Fortune-like drop modifiers, Durability beyond 2000, etc. Would be interested to see what people come up with.

What could also be done is instead of dropping a pre-made weapon with that boon attached, a special uncraftable gum could drop that you could then apply to any tool you wish in the forge (with a 100% chance). This would definitely entice combat and bring back some vets that got bored of the end-game.

With the proper balance decisions, lots of power could be given to the player in a way which will not upset the resource pool like how bomb mining did in the past. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

That would be neat.

3 Likes

Do you see this as being a 1 time forge that could be used or sold? A bit like the enchanted paper (I forget their name) in WOW?
if they ever introduce treasure chests, and I really hope they do, this could be a drop from them.

Thinking about bomb mining - this could possibly return if there was a drop which enhanced a bomb to allow resources to drop like they used to.

1 Like

Yep, totally agree with this.
Something that was so rare it would motivate players to find it, whether it dropped from mobs or found growing anywhere on any planet, but like only one every 24 hours.

They could then be sold for fortunes.

Limiting bomb mining but allowing it to exist like this is an fair idea! I like this. Right now the game feels a bit over-balanced. This could help level the playing field a bit!

2 Likes