Non-hunt way of farming fresh essences

Fresh essences play a major ingredient in end-game items. For me specifically, it’s for draining and corrupted compound 1, and of course super-enriched bonding agent. The latter needs huge amounts of fresh essences.

I don’t mind the resource being scarce. But outside of going on hunts, there isn’t really a viable way to farm fresh essences. I don’t consider going to a planet and shooting monsters for drops by yourself viable, as the amounts you get pale in comparison to a hunt.

There are a few resources in this game that just seem to keep piling and piling up. I’m thinking specifically of earthyams, edible lamella and rock salt.

What if we could create fresh essences out of those? This could give those that can’t hunt or can’t hunt often, access to a reliable way of farming fresh essences.

Obviously the recipes would require huge amounts of the mentioned resources, but it would finally give us a sink for these items to go into, while simultaneously solving the problem of fresh essences not being farmable.

3 Likes

You could just buy the materials off of someone else, and instead go dig for gems or something similar to get coin.

5 Likes

You’re definitely not wrong. However this isn’t much of an option for people who prefer to play solo/live as a hermit.

I guess i looked at it from the other way around. There’s a few items that just keep piling up, what could we do with them? And i thought turning them into essences would be fantastic!

I always considered myself a solo player. With that being said, this is an open world mmo game that in its core us built to have teamwork or to do certain things to get certain things. I may play solo, but I definitely play the economics game. You can play completely solo, but if you restrict yourself to that, you may have to face the consequences of certain things being harder to achieve.

4 Likes

Oh i don’t play solo myself, i am a very social player. However i find it a bit odd that players can grind just about anything in the game, except for 1 (pretty crucial) ingredient.

But again, i think i proposed my suggestion the wrong way. I should’ve proposed: “these items are piling up, can we get a use for them?”. Then my suggested use was obviously to turn them into fresh essences.

1 Like

I play solo mostly and played my first couple hundred hours exclusively solo. Solo meteoring is where you farm the monster drops, if you dont like it that is another story.
One hour solo meteoring and your inventory bursts of stuff that can be made into essences.

I agree to disagree :3

5 Likes

But why would a solo player have issues selling stuff to a request basket? They can pretend they are owned by NPCs if that makes them feel any better :slight_smile:

I much rather craft adrenal glands from them since I have an issue to get enough of those :smiley:

Ehh, but you can grind fresh essences by grinding creature drops by just going to a T1 and shoot any creatures you come across? It’s not that difficult to do even for low level players and for solo players…

2 Likes

I’ll happily sell you fresh essences at the mint cost :woman_shrugging: Saves me having to click that mint button, lol. Pm if interested : )

The best way to disagree!

But yeah, as i mentioned earlier (something every other poster seems to conveniently miss and pile on to beating a dead horse), i misrepresented the issue.

There is a clear overabundance for a certain few items. My solution to this would be to turn them into a recipe for fresh essences so people who dont hunt or dont like the combat, can get their own resources too.

Happy to hear other alternatives though!
(Like i like what they did with eartyams and smoothies!l)

What’s the mint price? :slight_smile:

Not wanting to be that guy lol, but I think fresh vital essence only comes from creatures (so things with vitality) I don’t think the items you’re talking about make sense to be in that catagory especially rock salt. Perhaps the others could though, it just doesn’t seem fitting to me

2 Likes

I cannot force myself to gather fibrous leaves for cotton cloth and I don’t want to mess with the forge. I gather everything else myself. I sell excess diamonds to Golden Fist to buy more AOE tools and some leaves from whoever has them cheap. Everything else in game I get myself :man_shrugging:

Mine fossils. That essence mints for more anyways. Or you could just buy the stuff to make fresh. It is cheap. You cant really get monster related items without hunting. Or maybe they could let us turn leaves into essence.

Oh, oh, oh!

Let’s do a double whammy! Those mats that were mentioned should be used to craft adrenal glands so I can use them for my brews but for people who need fresh essence can use those glands to craft that!!!

I’ll buy essence at mint costs… I can add a plot and request baskets at a convenient location for you to drop them!!

What if we could use a request basket to trade items??.. I guess it could be a new type of basket called a “trade basket”. For instance, you have lots of ancient essence and need fresh…but the players who want to trade with you are in a completely different time zone and never on when you are… if we had a trade basket feature we could drop our excess ancient essence in that basket and set a trade rate. For instance; I have 10k extra ancient but i’m Running really low on fresh… so I set up a trade basket, trading my 10k ancient for fresh at a rate of 1 ancient for 1.25 fresh. It may also get more players participating actively participating in the economy.

1 Like

I think it’s about 2100 a stack with a non-powered mint.

Sounds good man : ) just send directions from a major hub and I’ll find you. I can usually sell about 6 or 7 smart stacks a day.

1 Like

When I get on after work I’ll set up a basket and PM directions

1 Like