Not a fan of building, is it an essential part of the game?

Just for the record, I’ve yet to buy the game, but I likely will in the near future. I do want to know something though.
I’m not too much of a fan of building, mainly because I’m bad at it. I am interested, though, in social interaction, trading, and combat.
Do you think I would enjoy this game, be it now or when the game is officially released if I stay away from building, myself? From what I’ve seen so far from the descriptions and the like, the game seems to have a heavy emphasis on building, but I haven’t played the game yet- I haven’t a single idea.

4 Likes

I would wait for the 1.0 release
ATM there isn’t anything else to do :smile:

3 Likes

Wait untill the game is more fleshed out yeah. Right now it is prbably not for you.

4 Likes

And just for the record since the people above didn’t explicitly answer your question, building is not an essential part of the game.

1 Like

Hi, I think it will be a adventure game. Sounds very rough, but atm. there is the community, building and memorizing crafting ingredients. At least for me. It is actually quite great even if you are not good ad building. For example, I also like to play turnbased strategy like Civilization although I suck at it. Nevertheless it is very entertaining, enjoyable and fun on an easier level. Maybe you’ll get the hang of building some time. Oh, and there is a world generator tool, which is very curious. I think it already has a lot to offer, although combat is not ingame yet. And I hope it will be interesting. For me it does not need to have the fighting flow of an Assassins Creed. If it is curious or interesting or innovative (alltogether difficult enough) I’d be happy. If I tell wrong facts, correct me please (e.g. @Zouls).

Shouldn’t be, because what i understand of this game, is that there should be many roles like building, raiding, farming, and building. So you can just be one of them, but if you need a house for example, get a house blueprint through trading.

1 Like

Hey @Acsvf - we’re putting a lot of working into making sure that Boundless will be great for a broad spectrum of players: builders, hunters, traders, explorers, crafters, etc. In the case of players who aren’t fans of building there will be plenty of other things for you to become great at that will mean you can complement players who are fans of building. This is really an important part of designing Boundless as an online game where community is a higher priority, even if your community is a team of 1!

We’re also working on some interesting building ideas that will allow players who aren’t naturally creative to still construct awesome builds. Master builders will be able to create and trade blueprints that you can customise during construction. (This is one of the features I’m most looking forward to.)

9 Likes

There, fixed it :wink:

4 Likes

It’s been said several times in this thread as well, and James had an excellent reply too, but I want to mention that after 1.0 releases and a few cities get built, this game will very much fill these interests for you. Two of the planned features for “Kovah Project 2.0” revolve around a large trade district and a Gladiatorial style arena. Whether the arena ends up being pvp or pve depends on what kind of features we get in 1.0, but where there is a will, there is a way. I assure you, there will be enough public builds that you may never have to build anything at all.

3 Likes