Not sure what a Knock back means in bombs

I’m also confused that it says health but yet isn’t labeled that it is a healing bomb, so which one is it, a bomb that destroys or one that heals?

I have a couple that show + and - on Knock Back and going in a bomb what is that meaning, good or bad (and is the minus or the postive the good one?)?

Also, the -8 in Energy Drain, since it is orange and not purple, would that be good?

I’m thinking that overall it is a good forge. Just not sure about some areas.

if it what i think it means thats how far the player who is hit with the bomb would be “knocked back”

1 Like

I know -8 Energy Drain is good, it means that it will use less energy. If it said + 8 Energy Drain, then it would use more energy.

I’m not too sure about knock back, but I imagine that’s for knocking back enemies. ( or players as @anon42939288 said, since it’s a healing bomb lol)

This is what I was trying to get in a healing bomb, and the other one was for bombs to destroy, kill critters. But the health word confused me, as that I associate with healing bombs.

and the - in the knock back, does that mean it won’t knock back a player who get hit with it?

So much still to learn on forging.

Knock back is the bombs ability to knock mobs away. I think it doesnt knock players anymore due to trolls and what not.

1 Like

yea we would laugh so hard about that when healing bombs first came out cuz you wanted to “heal” people but sometimes the dmg caused by the knock back would undo or do more dmg then what the bomb healed :joy:

yea has above they did that default with the healing bombs later so that they could do there job and not almost kill the people they are healing lol

1 Like

Ouch! That would go over like a lead balloon, :slight_smile: Glad that doesn’t happen any more. I have yet to use any of my healing bombs, have given them to friends who have remarked that they saved them from dying.

I do use the ones that cause damage when I hang from a tree and toss them at the elementals and mighty goats. Kill them real quick that way and don’t wear out my sling bows.

1 Like

Energy Drain is listed as 192 [200]. 200 - 8 = 192, which means each use of the bombs requires less energy. Also, from this you can deduce the +10 to Knock Back is going to yield a larger knock back range.

If I had suggested such information be more transparent and easier to understand because the average player might have difficulty understanding it, perhaps even use simpler words, I would’ve thought you’d show up and say,

And lecture me,

Like you said, it’s “common sense” to figure out the meanings of words.

This just goes to show, what’s “common sense” to you, isn’t to someone else. It took me several seconds to understand that image and I’ve never forged once in the game.

Okay, if Ya’ll want to laugh and go is she blond, or what (no, my son is and he loves blond jokes)? That is okay, everyone is entitled to have a dumb moment. I just don’t get all pissy because I had one, I can laugh at myself.

It was the health aspect, why on a bomb would it say health when it isn’t a healing bomb?

Forging is flat out confusing at times. Like algebra, how can a negative become a positive – makes no sense, hate math. Love history.

And I’m not talking about neg 8 added to a positive 10 and have it come to a positive 2. just another type, can’t remember what. Little sleep, brain is still not functioning. You’ll can still laugh at me, I don’t mind it.

A dev will have to confirm, but my guess is that the reasoning for the “Health” text on damage-dealing bombs has to do with the fact they affect health, just in a negative way, and only for enemies and blocks, which do also have “health” in a technical sense.

In a way, perhaps the text really needn’t be there for damage-dealing bombs though, since it’s kind of implicit that it will take health away from an enemy if it’s just a plain damage bomb.

It was really, I think, just me being in one of my “this doesn’t make sense” time and later going oh, now I understand later on. Duh! How dumb can I be, okay, I looked stupid, so what else is new.

My family is used to it, generally I don’t have those moments here as I try to wait before I ask a question, but there are times when I don’t let that part of my brain take over.

So, gave everyone a good laugh, it did someone some good, someone who may have needed a smile on their face got to have one. Looking on the bright side, LOL

1 Like

healing bombs have Health under Channel; this is under Alters, so it changes (damages) target’s health - that “alters” part can be confusing

2 Likes