Note to the community

I haven’t said much lately as I’ve been really busy with work & life. I hope everyone here is doing :hugs: ok. A lot has been happening in the past 24 months for most people…mentally, financially, career-wise, health, family, etc. Just know that most unpleasant things will pass & won’t last forever. Please be kind to yourselves and reach out to someone if you need any help.

In a couple of weeks, school will be starting. I’ve already seen stores adding Halloween items on their shelves. :open_mouth: Time goes fast! Anyone else looking forward to Fall?

Whether you are new to Boundless & experiencing all the fun things to do, or you’ve been around since EA & maybe taking a little break, I wish you much fun and enjoyment in your gaming endeavors. :fist_left: :video_game:

I view all of you as part of an online family group. (Yes, even you onrey ones that keep things interesting :wink: )

P.S. Thank you devs & mods for maintaining the forums/discord, and giving everyone a place to hang out. I know it costs time & $ to do so.

5 Likes

fall

2 Likes

Very well said!! :slight_smile: I see everybody here as a family as well. :hugs: Thank you to you all as well! Gaming and the wonderful people I’ve met through it really helped pull me through some tough times here.

Wow, yeah, time going fast, and so much going on in life. :astonished: Bit of an RPG kick at the moment… DQ XI, The Outer Worlds, and Greedfall going. Enjoying getting lost in a good story and exploration of game worlds again. Projects in building games going as well.

2 Likes

If u have a Xbox 360 I suggest kotor aka knights of the old republic

2 Likes

How are you liking Outer Worlds? I was considering that one.

I’ve been testing New World since the original alpha and I guess I’m a weirdo because I don’t like it at all. The graphics/style are tired & make me * yawn *. Same for the rest of the game. Meh. Same-o-same-o as all the other medieval/survival MMORPGs.

2 Likes

VERY good so far, really just about perfect, IMO. Extremely comparable to the more recent Fallout games, though not a complete open world, some large areas though. Good writing, combat fun, and lots and lots to loot. :grin: I know that the length/size isn’t really big but that can be a good thing if more limited on free time, some games can get a little overwhelming with size and number of quests. (Actually, most of this applies to the little I’ve played of Greedfall, too)

2 Likes

Got a tip from someone here about Swords of Legends Online. I’ve played that for a bit. I wanted to get to the point where I can have my own island to build on, but it’s a grindy MMO & it takes time. Lots of quests. I love the beautiful style of the game.

If the update for Boundless comes out this year, I’ll probably neglect everything in my Steam library for a long time lol. There’s just nothing else like BL.

Looks like things are headed back in to lock-downs for the fall, so maybe more time to game in the evenings. (Houston just announced level one restrictions today ugh).

2 Likes

For me I work outside so lockdown won’t affect me much but I am looking forward to the new release of alpha 20 for 7 Days to die as announced to come out shortly before Christmas. With a new home new job and hopefully soon the new alpha my future is looking pretty fun.

New world definitely doesn’t look very exciting to me, was thinking about grabbing it initially but now I’m just probably going to skip it.

Game on people!

2 Likes

I’m exited for the what if marvel series to come out the 11th and the black panther dlc for marvels avengers to come out on the 17th

1 Like

Nooooo I don’t wanna go to school

1 Like

Especially with the new delta variant

1 Like

I’d give anything to go back to the naptime and chocolate milk days :joy:.

3 Likes

I’m going to tell you a secret.

You can still drink chocolate milk (maybe with some lactase).

4 Likes

As you get older you can justify the naptime a little easier too :joy:

4 Likes

Nobody can tell me what to do on my lunch break.

I’m old enough I admit I love my naps and make no apologies! :joy: Swings umbrella around, grumbles about the good ol’ days where I had to blow into game carts…

2 Likes

a post lunch plus glass of wine/maybe also a small beer naptime is a truly indulgent and satisfying thing.
question is though, should I pull the car over to the side before doing so?

4 Likes

Lol long as u arnt actully drunk driving I’ll put away my gun

Depends got a Tesla lol

Know why they keep doing that earlier and earlier?
I have a theory… See, weirdos like me wait til the after Halloween clearance and stock up. That’s normal home decor stuff for me, so the FOMO gets me buying things in August because I know Tarjay probably won’t restock those lovely bat infinity mirrors EVER AGAIN… :bat::joy:

1 Like