Npc stores

I think NPC stores would be nice to have cause if u find one you can get rewards. What do think

I’d rather run and operate my own store without having to compete against npc rates. Furthermore, npc stores introduce items to the economy that players did not have to gather, which tanks the value. No thank you to NPC stores!

3 Likes

This is gonna have dedicated server files with modding support so modders will make NPCs :slight_smile:

where will people buy stuff if you or any other merchants are not online? NPC’s could maybe fill in for you when you’re offline maybe…

That`s what we’ll get plinths for:

4 Likes

Oh, i didn’t know about plinths. Well plinths it is then, right?

Indeed it is! :smiley:

… and by all accounts, plinths should be ready for initial release in the next couple of weeks or so as well! Happy days!

4 Likes

Source?..

How will modding work?[quote=“james, post:7, topic:80, full:true”]
I’ve been thinking about it from a game rule perspective. We will have the following configurations:

Public Oort Online MMO servers - the main game.

Private Oort Online MMO servers - players who want to craft and control their own world.
Public / Private Modded servers - players who want to play with different rules by modding and run their own servers.

We will naturally allow for players to use portals to step between #1 and #2. They’re playing with the same rules. The integrity of the game is safe.

But I imagine #3 will need to be disconnected from the main game. These servers will be able to pull data from OO (so you could play with your character from the MMO), but I doubt we’ll be able to allow them to push data back to OO.

In this setup the MMO is safe, secure, and everyone is playing by the same rules. Additionally, players can setup their own configurations and adapt the rules.

Thoughts?
[/quote]

2 Likes

This is really outdated information… Maybe if @james could tell us more?

EDIT: Not saying that this is incorrct tho…

Here more about modding

Still my thinking.

But I’ll add getting the main MMO online with all the features is the priority at the moment.

5 Likes

So your saying you will stand in a building waiting to sell like gold for a good amount of time untill a player comes

i think he men’t npcs who sell certain items what no one gathered. (like the villagers in mc)

1 Like

Plinths are used for buying and selling (although you can still trade manually if you wish), so there’s no need to just stand around waiting for people to show up :wink:

2 Likes

Okay sounds a bit more exciting then waiting