Obscure Boundless Facts | Community Video

Hi there, Those-Who-Succeeded-the-Oort!

I am a creative. I love to create just about anything, but specifically in the form of videos. However, I’ve been having a difficult few years struggling with depression and not being sure what I’m doing next in life. I am finally at a point where I am mentally prepared to start creating again, and I can’t think of a better community to make videos for than ours here. I have a gaming channel that was starting to do pretty well before I stopped, so I’m excited to be back. :slight_smile: (not linking the channel because that’s not the point of this post.)

I am going to be creating a Boundless facts video, and I want the community to be involved in part of it. I want you to tell me obsure facts about Boundless. ANYTHING at all, as long as it’s Boundless-related, and not entirely common knowledge.

Some specific things I’m looking for:

• The date when development of Oort Online officially began
  • The date when Early Access of Oort Online first opened up
  • Mob spawning mechanics, and how the environment, beacons, et cetera… affect mob spawning
  • Meteor spawning mechanics
  • World Builder info and how worlds are generated
  • Really any sort of data from the code on how things in this game work

The facts I like the most, I’ll add to the video and give credit to the community member who first posted it here. I’m currently gathering facts from my own knowledge of the game, and I would really appreciate anyone who wants to contribute. <3

Stay Boundless, my dudes.

3 Likes

Boundless fact: You can preserve the LOD ratio of details in a build by doubling up the layers. A flat surface turned more rounded will increase the polycount so your objects will look much more intact far away.

1 Like

Fascinating. Stuff like this is exactly what I’m looking for. Anyone else?