Observations of my friends game progression and departure

I still hoard absolutely every ingredient I find and haven’t used the majority of them, partly because I don’t necessarily need them at the moment and partly if they are difficult to get then I don’t want to waste them. There also just seems to be so many recipes that need so many steps for something that seems to be used up in no time at all that the effort doesn’t justify the end product. I use iron for pretty much everything except specific hammers for mining specific materials and slingbows which I use gems when I can do a mass craft. I can probably count the recipes that I know for the furnace on one hand.

3 Likes

I am not saying players that are level 50 need to help beginners.

I am saying the game as it is does not have a steady incline from level 1 - 50, if you dare try hopping to a planet (literally the first thing I did when I first started at level 15) Or if you find a player portal at level 1 and go to a T2 planet.

You will die plain and simple, you may have had different experiences however my friends who started this game and I have very different play styles. If you have 0 knowledge of the game the main thing that is going to draw you in are the planet hopping (as seen in trailer) and the beautiful game.

Thats going to be something new players are going to do, jump and hop to planets. Hunting is too hard for new players to effectively gain exp and hunting is boring for players who are max level. The inbetween game doesnt exist not with this skill tree anyway.

1 Like

Good thing the devs have plans to restrict or warn newer players from hopping onto a planet that they probably should not be on. At least that’s what I’ve seen that they are trying to do in a forum post a while ago.

2 Likes

Yeah :3 I am waiting for the skill rework >~< I am excited to see them

1 Like