Odd happenings on the EXO?

Maybe I just never noticed these things before, but a couple of things seem a little odd to me…

T7 hoppers laying over & dying?
Meteors falling under huge rock formations?
Curious if this has always been the case, special to a dying EXO, or?

3 Likes

Not sure about the hoppers dying but I have seen at least one instance on Galan where a dormant meteor was under one of the pancake structures.

Like way under it and at the bottom of the stack.

So may not just be exo related.

Hoppers with one of the buffs can jump high enough to take fall damage.

Eventually after jumping enough times they can jump and kill themselves on landing

I usually see it happening on higher tier worlds. (not necessarily Exos)

3 Likes

@blinvir @Vansten
I’ve noticed the dormant meteors under formations but I’ve never seen a live one fall like that before

I didn’t have any brews, nor any of the new buffs on my equipment but I will double check when I’m able to log in today

I’m not talking about player buffs, i’m talking about the mob buffs they sometimes spawn with.
Ones such as the double HP, Double Armour, Double Damage or Double Movement speed ones.

For the case of the hopper, the double movement speed makes them jump twice as high instead, resulting in fall damage.

Oh…my bad. It seemed to be only the blink strike hoppers and I didn’t notice it on previous t7s. Thanks for the info

I didn’t know that creatures had buffs beyond resistance

Im not sure if lower tier hoppers dont jump as high, but im 100% sure hoppers on tier 6 with the buff can also die as a result

Just one block difference between jump off and Landing makes the difference between Damage or not i noticed.
Possible in the back Ground they jumped off higher then landed lower?

The rock formation was massive … Nothing to fall from as you can see - rock above and the ground below. I guess it’s normal I was just curious cuz I had never seen that before

Isn’t that like floating island/disc where meteorites are under? Meteorites did land to under those also on early access time, so it is kind of normal. It is just annoying when mob portals can be on different level and how it is dark :smiley:

1 Like

True. And the hopper prob had more room to jump than it seemed…
Dang. I was hoping it was weird EXO behavior…I thought it was kinda cool lol

Some players have mentioned in the past that this has occurred on other worlds, so it definitely not specific to Exoworlds.

1 Like

I always thought that was the design… back on EA the meteors used to land up high and people were dying all the time among other issues and the devs adjusted so it would go down to ground level… I thought that stuck.

1 Like

I think it would be fun if some would land in water :grin:

1 Like

Yep, it happens commonly in certain regions with a lot of floating terrain, like Kol Huroo and Galan.
I always have a stack of gleam ready for hunts on there, it gets really dark!

Also ran into one on my solo hunt on Tarat earlier, thankfully I came across some Gleam someone else left behind. I knew it’d come in handy!

1 Like

Ah, good, the curse is indeed working. :smiling_imp:
(rubs hands together evily) muwahaha…

/jk

2 Likes