New Leyden Market is closing down!

New! Lowered prices in all my market stalls at New Leyden Market!:

1 Like

Does New Leyden still have resource farms? I went and wasn’t able to find them.

Yeah we do! and we actually have more than before since one of our new members is adding more of them!

In the basement of all portal gates (except Flan, was in middle of shallow water with mud/clay under it, wanted to keep it like that and the Public Gleam Tree farm is close by so they are near the tree) there are smaller 1x2 portals to mine/farm locations.

Some are in a room behind a door which has a lock on them. When the next update comes out with new locks and lock permissions the locks will be set to open to ANY and ALL guild members. Note, usually the doors now are open anyway since we can’t really set the permissions currently like that.

Outside that room in the basements is a area for public farms/mines which anyone can access, now and in the future. It’s here where more have been added!
And if you want to add one of your own let me know and we will make it happen (need to add tokens on shop stands so people can do it themselves)

Besides this tho, quite a few of the portal gates are next to farm areas. Serpensarindi for instance is next to a massive amount of gravel (for saltpetre), Delta Cancret and Shedu Tier are next to a lot of growth, Shedu also has tangle next to it, Flan has the gleam tree, Alnitans is next to gleam (beware, Alnitans gate hasn’t been finished yet), etc., etc.

Also, more farms/mines will be added over the next few weeks, I still have a whole bunch of locations I need to add and someone else is adding his public farms/mines as well.

1 Like

Ty for quick response. I’ll head over after wake up 2:45am here.

Sleep well! I just got up, 8:45am here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dunno if this is wise or not but…

I’m not sure if I’m going to be around for long, both in game and in real life, had some rather upsetting news yesterday and have noticed I am rather unable to play. My head is not in the game because of this and feel like I’m running around like a headless chicken. Forging isn’t really working at all since I keep making mistakes and frustrates the heck out of me. I don’t know what to do with myself, have had urges to take a hammer to everything but I won’t. Still I have no idea what the future will hold for me so I also have no idea what that will be in game.

So if I don’t reply as fast as you might want, or forget to reply or forget to get back to you, or if I’m not around much or at all, at least you know why.

It has nothing to do with the game tho, if I’m less active at least you know…

1 Like

Very sorry to hear that.
Hope you have some people in real life to support you while you tackle whatever is ahead.
Goes without saying there will be many people in game, myself included, that be willing to help with your project, if you need any.
Don’t hesitate to reach out.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, Life has a way of tossing a lot at you when you least expect it and it can get overwhelming.
Praying that you can get better in handling it all and can get some help with real life issues. Understand that you won’t be able to play as much, taking care of yourself is more important.
Reach out here and don’t hesitate to seek some professional help if you need it. There are times when they can give you the help, guidance you need in life. At the least they can let you express your fears and anger and not pass judgement.

3 Likes

in the same boat sweetie, let me know if you need someone to talk to

2 Likes

Thanks!

This evening I’ve been able to play for a bit at least, will do more later, but now need some food first.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear that Aenea. I hope all goes well. And even though I only got to meet you that once, I really like you. Your funny and aggressive and I hope you find your way through what ever this is. A lot of people think highly of you and that won’t change for me even if you need to put your time elsewhere. If you need any help in any way, let me know.

Also, a number of people in our guild expressed their concern. I suspect that there are a whole lot of people who care but are not big posters…

NiX

7 Likes

IRL Sucks.

Sorry to hear you are going through a thing and I hope this is something that is possible to get through.

If not, we have a good community here. Come back often if you need to borrow some strength.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that you’re having a bad time, but remember this is only a game and your own wellbeing is more important.

1 Like

Wow. Really sorry to hear this, Aenea. You’re one of the coolest players I’ve come to know in this game and I know that you’re a good person. You deserve to be well and happy. Focus on yourself. The game will always be here and so will most of us. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the support, much appreciated!

I have no news on that front yet, had a bunch of tests on Monday, will hear how bad and what they can do about it next Wednesday.

Now on to some happier in-game news!

Welcome to the Great City of New Leyden!

That’s right! After becoming capital already of Gellis a little while ago we now merged with Gellis Prime. Not my doing! It was Annixa’s idea, the warden of Gellis Prime and she connected us.

This now means that New Leyden is a Great City (higher footfall payments, yay!), it also means we are now number 5 of the whole Oortian Universe!

Fun fact: Once upon a time I asked Portal Seekers for a city portal at the Gellis Prime hub, I was warned that if one of the top 5 cities would want a portal I could be bumped :joy:
(they are now located IN New Leyden, ha!)

Original Forgeries has moved!

Yes, that’s right, we moved! From D3 to C3 and C2!

And yes, I know, this happened last week, stuff happened IRL…

And that’s not all! C4 will also be a smaller Original Forgeries completely run by Boomer from Boomer’s Bombs! For all your gem bomb needs!

The main 2 market stalls has now, of course, way more space for way more products! This would not be possible all by myself, so Tyapex (aka Xepayt) and I joined forces (yay, less competition!) and we now sell our lovely forged gear on the same shop stands!
Since he was my main competition we of course upped the pri, naahhh, kidding :joy:

Picture time!

As you can see we now also sell slingbows and grapples! I already did at times but due to time constraints it was kinda difficult to keep stock up on everything.

Also, good to know, I finally got around to forge a few batches of Wayfarer Totems with max light and max magnet!

1 Like

Only 8 plots left everyone! Hurry before they are all gone!

No obvious way to expand after this!

I will be back online in 30 to 60 minutes, need food and some caffeine!

Come get those spaces!

Just a note to say I’m currently in the process of opening gleam farms at all New Leyden’s T5/6 gates.

Will update as they get completed!

1 Like
2 Likes

Hey everyone, just a quick update about my health.

It’s a bit of good news and a bad news thing. I was very afraid that they couldn’t treat it anymore since they were doing all kinds of tests checking to see if it had spread everywhere. Well it has not, it’s all located in the groin area where my lymph nodes used to be, one the size of a tennisball, and they are going to surgically remove that one pretty darn soon already, probably in a bit more than a week. I will need to stay in hospital at least a week, probably 2 weeks, longer if there are complications like an infection which happened last time.
The other one is tiny, they keep it there because once I’m out of hospital I will have to start radiation therapy for 5 to 6 weeks. This will mean I have to go to hospital every single weekday.

What does this mean for New Leyden and the market and portal network?

Well, I’m doing my best to get as much oort before I am going to hospital so Fidach and Ghandy can refuel the portals. Thanks to the guild system the portal gates are guild controlled and thanks to the new advanced locks I was able to give access to the portals AND request baskets for oort without trying to untangle the plot mess!
So excellent timing devs!!! Thanks!

Speaking of timing and devs, pop in an exo planet in the coming week will ya, so I can enjoy it before going to hospital! :smiley:

Anyway, as for the shops, well, that’s a different story, I will try to make as many brews and food as I can the coming week but once they are sold out I won’t be adding new products until I come back from hospital. And even then I have no idea how I will be feeling while the radiation treatment is on-going so no idea if I play often or at all. Am imagining I will play a bit at least but not as much as I do now so supplies might be low.

Since I of course am not forging and making brews and pies Coin Converters won’t be buying anything during the time I’m in hospital, tho I can add a massive amount of coin right before.

Original Forgeries will still be open tho! Since I have a forging partner, Tyapex, who can keep on forging, your fave tools and gear will still be up for sale! Tho of course since he now has to do it alone stock might be a bit lower…

Also, I am contemplating to take my PS4 and a monitor (and headphones) with me to hospital so who knows I might pop in now and then and turn on some crafts. But I have no idea if I will be up for that and if I will actually take it with me.

Anyway, just in case, this is not going to happen right now, but in a week, two weeks, time it will. The shops are still open for business at this moment and please come shop since I need coin for oort to keep the portals open while I’m away!

Later today I will also have some great things to show you lot about the game! Tho Salvatory and Fidach already showed a bit of it but there’s way more to show and tell!

7 Likes

I wish you a speedy recovery mate when the time comes, and hope everything goes well for ya.

3 Likes