Ok I got a quiestion

Has anyone Tested Water and lava Physics can I have a River if Half Lava Half Water (Without any glass or glass panes dividing it if both substances are on different beacons

5 Likes

This should be possible… liquids will not flow from one beacon into another beacon as I run into this with my farms at times (even when the owners are friends + perms)

I’ve never tested having water and lava straddling two beacons but in theory they should have no effect outside of their own beacon.

3 Likes

Beacon corner, water beneath is natural
No mix, no touchy :fist:

Edit:
Tried 2 beacons side by side to make sure:
Alt beacon has full permissions, both blocks placed

7 Likes

That works also with factions if you like to know :wink: just assign the beacon to an other faction of the same guid. This can be with the same character as the one that owns it on the other half.

Key is that you use the factions. When using guild.
Without guild you should follow @zakon explanation using an alt.

(Found this out @ Terra Nova :wink:)

2 Likes

My issue was that I need it to flow between beacons…

Instead it looks like I have to grind out about 900 more plots or so to replace the alt beacons to continue the color changer the way I had envisioned :sob:

…at least I hadn’t started building lol

1 Like

@zakon To get it to flow from beacon to beacon between characters set the beacons under guild control under the same (main) faction.
This allows the flow of liquids between beacons.

Again same guild (main) faction and full control to set faction

For example i have 4 beacons from 4 alts under the main guild @ Terra Nova (TNT Lamblis) liquids can flow between them.
To clear out the lava i set one beacon under my worker faction. This kept the lava inside the faction plots and not spill over. (After i reassigned the beacon to the main guild)

2 Likes

I have played around ALOT with liquids, and you’ll need them to be in separate beacons as people have said. But if that’s not gonna work, you could try using Primordial Resin if that works with your build, it does not react with water and looks orangey.

But then lighting will be an issue as its opaque :confused:

5 Likes

Yeah the yellow/gold and black liquid (can’t keep the names of them both in me mind) block the light on the sides they touch.

Remember that from wayyyy back when (antar). Few months after they released those.

Replacing the water with resin ( yellow/gold liquid ) destroyed how it did light up at night. It was an issue back then :wink:.

And lattice was part of that update (i think cause I believe i used that to make fences).
But didn’t have the imagination yet with lattice :wink:.

Saying you potentially solve that problem by placing a light block and lattice it to the smallest size (square or bevel) and then place the source block.

Should keep a smal colored square visible at the top.
Or if you do it with white glass blocks lit from below the glass. (With or without glass panes on top).

Red; glass block lattice to smallest size.
Blue; yellow/gold or black liquid.
Yellow; light (source).
Green; top view on top of glass pane (in this example you can also leave the panes). Yellow square is the lattice gleam/glass in the liquid illuminating the top (from below in case of glass).

Sorry if it doesn’t make sense. Also if i do and it doesn’t work. Can’t make an example atm.

1 Like

Is it best to make a guild for it specifically because of the permissions?
I didn’t even think about trying same faction- but that just made the new Plateau’s color changing ability get even bigger…

@Ovis I actually need it to be opaque, but also need it to travel further than resin.

Also- you might enjoy what I’ve created with liquid…

When I first started playing one of the first things I did was play with mixing gleam, which led to figuring out I can block the light with petrolim… I got all excited and made a video because I hadn’t seen it anywhere and joined the forum… and your light switch video was one of the first posts I saw. I was dashed.
So I took it further :wink:

3 Likes

Working with alt characters…
I have to say it’s worth making a guild.
You just have to join the guild (you made) with your characters and assign all the perms with the character that created the guild to your other characters.

That way you can give beacon control to your guild and your done no mo assigning perms because you already did that.

I simply have factions for other sections and other permissions.

[edit for like when i need help clearing lava :wink: worker faction anyone can join]

2 Likes

Yeh it only travels 2 blocks :confused: Which can be useful sometimes :wink: I think I saw that video! @Apt has done a lot with the colour changing buildings, think he made a tower at Cookie’s place :ok_hand:

And thanks!

3 Likes

@zakon you don’t need to have that guild set as active :wink: if you don’t want to. Just helps with tying all your plots/beacons together from all your characters.

3 Likes

The clock? That was CRAZY :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hahah yeh the 7 segment display, it definitely turned me crazy

3 Likes

When I first saw that I thought it would be cool way to possibly make a “wheel of fortune” board
But I know that channeling the liquid for that would be a massive headache

I had to walk away more than a few times working on this lol

I’m curious what you got going with this though @BabyCookie
I went to sneak a peek (and also to see if I could find the tower @Ovis mentioned) but mostly just ran in big circles like I normally do :laughing:

And extra thanks to
@tmmk, @Jiivita, and @Ovis- I had forgot I still hadn’t resolved that issue, your experiences and knowledge about building are super helpful all the time
And :cookie: for @BabyCookie for asking because it reminded me

5 Likes

I honestly don’t have anything going I just popped in my head kind of quiestion lol

1 Like