On durability drain with fast weapons/tools

Perhaps there could be a skill, boon or buff that prevents durability drain for 3-5 seconds after using that weapon or tool…? Or a quirk with no significant negatives…? Then it wouldn’t matter so much that it took 2 swings to break a block instead of 1. Perhaps certain fast tools could have this by default…?

The goal is to make other tools as useful as diamond/emerald, if not more so. Otherwise everything else is just twice as expensive to use due to how durability works.

What i can see there is that the faster tool have more base durability but their effectiveness for forging are way less(around 165). If they would be around 200 like other gems tools we could do some quite good things with different brews combo.

But to me, faster tool are good for havesting on low tier and this is fine to me since they still have a purpose.

2 Likes

I think it would be more straightforward if instead tools only lose durability whenever they break a block/resource. Current durability values would need to be adjusted though to keep things approximately the same. The way you suggested would scale too well with swing speed buffs, I think.

I’m not sure it’s a good idea though. On the fence.

1 Like

Maybe only take durability loss once per second max…?

Just have to use the fast tools on weaker blocks that it can one shot right now if that’s the main issue.

Using fast aoe tools like topaz shovels or axes to gather a ton of raw materials fast on lower worlds is really nice and where they shine if you are worried about durability on them.

But like it was said above all gem tools should be able to get 200 efficiency.

2 Likes