On the Age

Hello wonderful people!

While scrolling through these forums I have yet to find an answer to a question that will largely define some of the themes in this game, and it is thus: What age or era are we in?

There are a few options:

Stone Age

• Languages have arisen, but civilizations not so much.
  • Tools and equipment are extremely basic, objects like the grappling hook are Oortian Relics.
  • Magic is erratic at best and few utilize it.

Bronze Age

• Basic civilizations and writing have occurred.
  • Tools and equipment are both based off of Oortian relics and self inspired.
  • Magic is somewhat a stable practice but it is studied by few.

Iron Age

• Cities and guilds are a common occurrence.
  • Tools and Equipment are largely self inspired but the occasional Oortian invention is still elusive.
  • Magic is practiced for daily activities and is common in nearly all accounts.

Industrial/Steampunk Age

• Advanced cities and empires have occurred.
  • Tools and equipment are almost always self inspired but some fantastical items are drawn from or even improved upon from Oortian relics.
  • Magic is a staple of life and is utilized to do almost everything.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

@ben @james is there an official idea of the era we are in?

3 Likes

the oort age!

well they plan to have automated machinery so kinda steampunk, but that is not the correct theme since its not actually steam. so Oortpunk? xD

1 Like

Sure, but are we actually crafting these automations or are they repurposed/copied Oortian relics?

eh dunno. i just dont think you can put it like that

i would say industrialization age but instead of mechanics its powered by oort stone. tehre was quite the big debate on the last forums about it.

I think our characters in Oort are similar to the Covenant from Halo if that’s a decent explanation.

Interesting way of putting it, Reclaimer!

Why not have it so that as you increase in tiers, you progress througout the ages?