One Last Dream

The thunder clapped, lighting reaching across the heavens, the moon, in it’s full, covered by the thick, grey clouds. The rain, pounding upon the wooden roof, hit like needles upon the skin.
But in the house, was an eerie silence. I was looking down upon myself asleep in bed, though I was clearly stading beside him… Me? Shouts came from the workshop down below, and my curiosity piqued. I can’t say I was sure of what was going on that night, all I do know is that, when I fell asleep, I was alone…
The gleam lanterns gently lit the staircase, as gently sneaked down the stone steps.
The events that took place next, I have no way of truly explaining them… But I saw him… Again… Azazel… And his wife, Vareesa? The same Oortians I saw in the vision, the vision induced by the Vitality Orb I found with Gunth in the old ruins…
They looked to me, and aproached slowly, with an endearing look upon their face, as if it had a long time since we’ve seen eachother… The embraced me, saying, “Xyveros… We’re finally home.” I was taken back at what I responded with, as if having no control over my mouth, I spoke out, “It’s good to see you again.” Tears had swollen up and began rushing down my cheeks… This unexplainable feeling in my chest… I had never known this people… Have I?.. Behind them stood an open warp, leading to this beautifully lush world I could not recognize, straight to a castle gate. I hesitated, but I had no control over myself anymore. It was like I was a different person… They led me to the warp, but as I grew nearer and nearer, the light and the heat grew more and more instense, until I finally stepped through…

I woke up, screaming at the top of my lungs, jumping from my bed… The pain was horrendous, but I could no longer feel, being awake. Trying to make sense of things I sat back down, upon my bed, trying to sort out my thoughts, when In the corner of my room I saw my satchel glowing brightly, a luminescent yellow… I opened it, cautiously, to uncover that it was only the Vitality Orb, once again being the cornerstone for strange events…
I couldn’t sleep for the rest of the night… I had prepared for a journey to see a scholar known across the planets for his knowledge, Ramesses, though in his city, he was locally known as Pharoh. He would know more, however… I was sure of it.

This was intended to be the second segment of ‘One Last Memory’, and part of the events prior to The Oortian Empire, so please leave your thoughts and opinions below! I loom forward to continuing to write fan fiction for Boundless, and would love nothing more than to hear what you guys, the Boundless community, would like to see written! I love all you guys like family <3 Best gaming community yet

Sincerely ~Z~

7 Likes

cool, great story.

1 Like