One specific account refuses to load from steam

I have 2 accounts that start and run Boundless just fine when I click the icon in steam, but when I switch to a different steam account on the same computer it refuses to even start. It acts as if I never even clicked the button. I haven’t loaded this account since the new update but I cant imagine how that would matter. Has anybody else had this problem? Its weird cuz I can just switch steam accounts and run Boundless just fine. Its only on this specific account.

1 Like

That’s a weird one, have you tried some fixes? Deleting profile in Boundless files?

Yeah I deleted that user account and it still does nothing. It seriously acts as if I never even clicked on the icon. Ive never had that happen to any game before.

1 Like

Does it show process in task manager?

try restoring your computer to a previous update and letting boundless update again, its what I had to do

Nah what happened for em with that situation

Unless you bought a new account for that steam account, it means Steam servers are messing up near you. Check your normal account and see if steam is working fine or if it’s messing up

the computer runs fine. All I have to do is change steam accounts and all my other boundless accounts run fine. Which is why this makes no sense. Why would everything else run perfectly fine accept for this one account? I dont wanna revert anything in fear it’ll make the other accounts no longer work as well.

1 Like

I have five accounts on same computer, all run fine :slight_smile:

What about task manager, does it show process for Boundless?

not saying its your computer just stating what I had to do, that worked for me

ive tested on 2 different computers and they both refuse to load boundless from steam but only this account. Task manager shows nothing out of the ordinary.

I have 2 accounts, one is steam family shared to the same game. If your steam connection is wacky it won’t work properly.

I…AM…SOOOOOOOO…STUPID!!! This is what happens when you have too many steam accounts. Since I havent played this particular steam account for a while I simply loaded the wrong steam account, but since Boundless was installed on the computer the Boundless icon still showed up in steam as if it was bought and playable on that steam account even though that account didnt actually have the game attached to it. I wish steam wouldnt show game icons unless that steam account ACTUALLY owned that game. It makes for great confusion and frustration. Either way, all is fixed. Thank you you guys for your quick attempts to help. Its very much appreciated. Hopefully I’ll catch my own stupidity a little sooner next time.

3 Likes

wow that had to be a wild ride :smiley: Glad you resolved it!

1 Like

lol been there