I raise you on a real cat girl! xD

You win .-.

1 Like

LIES

completely offtopic though xD

1 Like

Fixed that for you :wink:

2 Likes

I plan to be working around water a lot, and i think a Crustacean race would be cool

2 Likes

I absolutely LOVE the diversity and creativity here. I can imagine the development team is getting a ton of great ideas from this thread.

I want to read every post here but as it’s a bit long I may have missed some stuff. Did we talk about have straight-up humans? Like, no cat ears/noses, no claws, etc. but human humans. Maybe stylized as something like a Disney Native American or something. I think it would be great to have that as an option as a very approachable race to place for new users. Something to balance the amazing diversity above anyway.

Im paraphrasing here, but they said something along the lines of ‘‘we want unique characters, so even though it is an rpg we are not going to make the standard human, dwarves and elves races’’

most of the races have a sort of beast feel to it, they all have animal features from what i have seen.

1 Like

I think the only real restriction we are working with though is that they need to be bipedal humanoids with 2 arms who are around 2 blocks high.

When it comes to character models Bard from League of Legends is my absolute favourite.

The “horn” on the back of his head would fit well to the “hairstyles” we have seen for the upcomming character model.
Of course IÂŽm not talking about a carbon copy but this big character with his clumsy movement and thick mane is just too lovable.

2 Likes

I may have brought this up in another post somewhere, but a stoneskinned person with feline features. I just think of corruptrons from castlestory with the dark skin and glowy eyes mixed with cat ears and claws.

Do they have to be bipedal? That feels like a boring restriction.

I think they didn’t say it explicitly but as far as I know they have to have exactly 2 arms and 2 legs for the moment.

They did
 i even linked it

here, once again: https://forum.oortonline.com/t/oort-online-race-suggestions/192/154?u=zouls

They didn’t say anything about the legs^^ I know that they have to have 2 arms for now.

Right. point there.

personally i question it since everything that would have to be made for the legs would have be made severely differently for 4 legs, but then again, with the wearable system they might be able to avoid it :smile:

1 Like

Actually with the wareable system quadrepeds would be quite overpowered.

1 Like

You know,in terms of animating them on the chars assume 2 hind legs and 2 front legs, you would still only equip one on left and one on right, they would just cover more without more stats.

personally im not much for 4 legged races since i find it kinda odd, but its a matter of taste :smile:

1 Like

It might be a refreshing look if you compare it to almost every other MMO^^ But it’s not something I need.