Oortian worlds ------->still a thing?

Ahhh, my bad then.

In that case, i believe one way to make Oortian worlds a thing would be to make them have significantly less region and surface area than normal planets. Maybe 12-24 regions as opposed to 50

But in all actuality the only possible way to make them a thing would be to increase player population, and I believe the most realistic way to achieve that is to lower the cost of the game on steam (or atleast offer a weeklong sale), as well as removing the lootbox graphic so people don’t mistake the game for a lootbox pay-to-win grindfest that so many have done in the past

Very offtopic but cba opening a post about it, how much did each backer rank cost and how much are their street value now?

I am sure there are more backer ranks than those two tho

Here are ranks from Boundless webpage around launch.

I think Pioneer was something over 200e, maybe 240e and chieftain like 450e

1 Like

Pioneer looks like a pretty good deal then :sweat_smile:

Ditto, I stumbled on it one day when it popped up new in the PS Store. Wish now I had at least bought the deluxe version, but I didn’t know anything about it at the time, just that it looked cool so I impulse bought. I wish I HAD been in early on and known - I’d have very likely upgraded my computer and got in at least at the Wayfarer level and probably higher if so. Boundless is pretty much my ideal game on so many levels, just wish I had known! Some people deride the hype train that formed around another game I love, but truly, I don’t think that is wholly a bad thing since it at least gets people’s attention - with so many millions of gamers out there, even the most niche games can gather large followings.

In the last few years, too, it is much more common for games to evolve, and greatly, after release. I posted an interesting article on this if any want to dig through my recent OT posts. I expect Boundless to do much the same, continue to grow and evolve and I’m convinced there will be a huge boom at some point when they’re ready. :slight_smile: In the meantime, we can help get the word out among people we know.

I am curious why they need to be smaller? Is this due to the small existing player count?

Mostly my thought process was smaller worlds = less people splitting off on side planets. However, I dont really think such a thing will work (although it might help a bit), which is why I added the second part about how more players would definitely solve the issue

Ok that is what I thought. It is off topic but I agree they need to make some changes to draw in more players. However, I also think they need to start delivering on some of the commitments that were made to the Backers also. If the players that have a vested interest in the game start to leave then we really have a problem.

1 Like

I hope they scrap the player owned planet idea. Live with what we have.

Off Topic

I would like to see some of the Exo worlds instead of not disappearing forever just be out of touch for awhile. Like 3-4 weeks and then have them show back up again (and no I am not talking about those ugly color worlds :stuck_out_tongue:). You could stay on them if you happened to be there when it “left orbit” but if you left you could not get back till the next cycle.

Well there’s a certain point where not delivering on promised things that people paid for can lead to legal actions being taken. Unless there’s a clause somewhere when those people backed that said these things might not ever be developed/delivered.

There probably is

Even so it’d be really bad for business

Actually everything that I read, there is not a clause.

Then there you go. But I still believe there is no need for private worlds. There are 50 planets and this game is community based. If you start moving people away from the community the game falls apart.

In the current population of the game private worlds would hurt it a lot, we need like 30 times more players.

Right wrong or indifferent there are likely to be 27 planets added to the universe due to backer tiers. It is just unfortunate that the existing player base has shrunk to the point where the 50 planets that are already in the universe are probably to many (at least in my opinion).

As for the conclusion that the game will fall apart, I am not sure that will be the case. I think there are a few possibilities. The players that are not playing because they want private or rented planets will come back to the game when they are offered. The players that left because they wanted to build undisturbed can also come back, rent a planet and not have to worry about it. It is not like the existing player base is concentrated on two or three worlds. I rarely run into another player unless they are going to a hunt. So why do additional planets change this? Currently there are 164 players across 50 planets. How likely are you to run into anyone else anyway?

Then they need to find a way to keep players playing and interested in the game. Just not allowing something that they have said they were going to offer is not going to magically increase the player count. I have not seen any player comments that they are leaving the game because private planets were being offered.

2 Likes

Fall apart is putting it lightly. I speak to hundreds of players a week. The actual boundless community is hanging by a thread. Great builders and hunters are giving up because they are bored and unchallenged. Mighty merchants that used to do 1mil coin in sales a week have given up because they just can’t keep spread out between dozens of malls. Great citys falling due to inactivity and trolls.

The community just keeps dividing and dividing. From my perspective, if your going to have player owned worlds then the game will lose the remaining bits of MMO that we cling to.

Sorry I know this is kind of off topic.

Private worlds, worst case scenario, would still improve the player count. Only maybe 1 person would go, “Private worlds!? I QUIT!!!”

Everybody else would be like, “My name is *****, welcome to my private world, hope you enjoy my video, don’t forget to like and subscribe!”

1 Like