SUNSET FORGE MARKET - Opening Announcement and beginning history

Today is the day I reveal my ‘secret project’ that I’ve been talking about and working on since a bit. Maybe you heard also names like ‘the chinese wall’. It’s indeed a big building and the colors will warm your heart but it’s not a chinese wall :rofl:

Let’s celebrate the opening of a game-changing community project!

SUNSET FORGE MARKET

What is it and what is it good for?

The Forge Market is something we haven’t had so far. This is set up to gather ALL motivated forgers and forge apprentices to form a union. We have lack of forged goodies no matter which article you can think of, where shall we get it from? The Forge Market shall be the solution. I splitted all tools, equipments and weapons I could think of and created them into categories that I thought would make the most sense. I did not split everything into the smallest pieces so some categories are more for advanced forgers and require more ‘effort’ than ‘smaller’ categories. Though there are beginner friendly/stress-free categories for forge enthusiasts that rather keep it small and uncomplicated but want to be part of this project and help the community out :slight_smile: small categories shall allow the shop owner to easier maintain their stock and prevent that way to get overwhelmed and burned out. The Forge Market and its concept shall encourage forgers of each type, so everyone is very welcome to be part!!! :blush:

In short:

• Encourages new forgers
  • Less pressure on the forger
  • All-time stocked
  • Everything concentrated into one market (easy findable, easy access)

How shall it work?

To make it fair to everyone and to make it work out, I came up with some rules. I’m the only owner of this Forge Market, so I like to hear your opinions to make it a good and fair experience for everyone. I take things into consideration and we can also do a poll or so for decisions. Overall I liked to ask also @HOST and friends and tried to find solutions for every questionable topic that arises involving the forge market.

Categories. So shall I just deconstruct or throw every possible good tool/weapon whatever just to fit into my owned category? That’s a tough one. And I see that this will be a hot discussed topic. Everyone has a different opinion. But that’s what I came up with. I have a few forgers as friends, I watched a few people forging and I was and partly am still a forger myself! My whole thought about that is, we should go against the waste but stay fair. How shall that look?

Overlapping*. Sounds odd but it shall just mean that even if you own for example a T3 tool shop, you’re allowed to sell T4 (e.g.) tools in limited amounts. I do understand that RNG can be unfair. Technically sometimes it’s enough to apply just level 1 damage to reach T3 tools or just a specific amount of damage to reach specific levels of tools or even just strength brew on tier 1 tools or use specific gems to guarantee the goal. But RNG does not give you always exactly what you want. Then you get maybe one or two level of damage boon too much and then the tool would fall out of your category. That’s why I created overlapping :raised_hands: :hushed: sell your category foreign tool at your shop. BUT, for the competitor’s sake, you shall please not exploit this. There’s not yet a number of tolerance set. But if there’s a concentration (frequently high supply) of category foreign goods then it can lead lastly to the removal of your shop. That is, of course, after contacting the shop owner, coming to agreements, warnings etc. There’s nothing that can’t be solved with a good old conversation. Secondly. That alone does not protect the competitor. That’s why I will set price ranges for every sold good. Here I will for sure need everyone’s help to find a good fair price range - it’s a community project so we do it together! -Everyone that sells category foreign tools and bombs needs to set for their article the very same exact price as the owner of its actual category. It’s not for punishment, it’s for fairness. Don’t steal your colleague’s business. You shall not be more ‘attractive’ than the buddy next door. Focus as much as possible on your category :blush:

In short:

• Anti-waste-policy with overlapping (Possibility to sell category foreign goods)
  • Fair-Trade-Policy (Price-range in general and set prices as well as limitation for category foreign goods)

Overlapping how so ever, is more a rule that applies to categories: tools and bombs. Other categories can not really overlap since they are already set up that way that they have no other competitor.

Those two rules above are the main rules. Please do not sell other things than the ones agreed on.
Every person shall favorably just own one shop, it’s better to maintain one shop very well than two half-heartedly :slight_smile: if the pressure is bearable and you can easily keep two shops well stocked, then feel free to pick two categories :smile:
We gonna have 3 basic supply shops: brews, pies augments. And later on hopefully unforged tool-equipment-weapon suppliers and forge ingredient suppliers.
Categories:

FORGER:

Beginner Equipment (claimed by Justone)
T1 (&T2)
T3
T4
T5 (claimed by @Lorgar)
T6 (claimed by @HOST)
T7
(Lucent forging optional)
Building & Gleambow Totems

Gem-Slingbows*: (claimed by RedY3)
Lucent* (umbris, rift, blink now combined in one)
(claimed by DreamIn)

Fists
Damage bombs
Lucent Bombs
Effect Bombs
Heal Bombs
Regen Bombs (claimed by ZeldaNL)
Grapples (claimed by Alysteria)
Liquid Breaker (claimed by @nor312)
Liquid Solidifier
Farming tools (claimed by @Balkinus)
Spanner (claimed by srcc)
Chisel (claimed by Bedroc)
Loot & Glow Totems

SUPPLIER:

Pies (claimed by @JaceyLive)
Brews
Augments (claimed by Gallenoria)

General information:

Each forge shop has the size 3x3. That should be more than enough space, you can howsoever expand in height. For looks, please do not build higher than 2 plots.

The supply shops are 2x3 and are allowed to build 2 plots high.

Everyone gets a beacon for free. The shop spots are already cleared in one plot height and contain a wooden floor. Feel free to keep or replace this floor :slight_smile: it’s a service of the house. The shop spots are embraced by outer walls, nevertheless, I would like YOU to create your own shop and put your own elements into it. Just build against the borders :slight_smile: the borders are there so no false plotting can be done.

It could be useful to change the beacon name to your category + @ FORGE MARKET. Example: Damage Bombs @ FORGE MARKET
-so it’s easier to see on Boundless Universal Trade Tracker and knowledge tab search function.
Maybe inside of the forge shop, shop owners could still hang up a sign with the name of their forge shop. Some people have a trade mark, some kind of title or business name, so they can add it inside so customers still pay tribute and acknowledge its that person.

In or around the Hub center I will create a little area where people can give away flawful forges. New players and players with budget will be thankful :blush:

[The SUNSET FORGE MARKET has still a little wip and fine tuning to be done, I’m positive until we found enough forgers, have the first few shops built and have the market 100% open for customers it all will be finished.]

Are there future plans towards this market?

This market can be always expanded. First I want the forge market to run. Afterwards we can add outside some kind of little flea market with shopstands that offer unforged tools, equipments and weapons so the forgers have their source nearby. Also forge ingredients can be a future plan.

For easier contacting, letter boxes are desirable.
I created also a guild called [FORGER] SUNSET FORGE MARKET.
@HOST’s discord has a subcategory called SUNSET FORGE MARKET. You can join the discord via this link:

My personal discord is May-L04#4078. Feel free to contact me there as well! :slight_smile:
Last but not least!

Portal access

TNT MEGA HUB (sovereign & hub wall) -thats on the western short side of the TNT HUB that has two signs “HUBS NETWORKS” and “SOVEREIGN WORLDS”

ULTIMA -has a ring to all important malls, locations and hubs, there’s a 2x2 portal in that ring which says “SUNSET FORGE MARKET”

Perspective when you come from the TNT portal

Perspective when you come from Pharaos Network.
SUNSET FORGE MARKET portal positioned in the west.

THE FUTURE OF FARMS -on the left wall

GTG Dzassak -on the left side

TNT All-Block-Museum, from TNT MEGA HUB portal left

Let’s fight the lack of forged goods and supplies together!

:star_struck: :heart_eyes: :boundless:

My thanks go to all my supporters and suppliers! Without you it wouldn’t have been possible! I will create in the following days a sign to pay tribute to all of You❤️

Big Thanks to @HOST for kicking my ass to make out of my ‘just an idea’ an actual thing! While you wanted me to design it in my own way, you helped me in so many ways with your little advices, opinions and your pushes of motivation and encouragement.

I hope the FORGE MARKET gonna be a great success. It’s for the community. It would be great for the community to have a stable forge market. And at all times I just had the community in my head and how much everyone would benefit from it.

This project got inspired by great builders like @HOST @Goblinounours @AdoraLupinatu & @Tmmk , EZPZ with their great market of forged goods, and KREE Mall that was the inventor of the first categorized mall.

Screenshots will be added soon to this post!

Please write below what category you could imagine to take care of :heart:

18 Likes

Awh. Neat! Thank you.

Good luck with this cool project!

2 Likes

I really like this idea and I hope lots of forgers will contribute! It’s seriously a pain going to every mall one at a time in the off chance that someone has a decent hammer stocked, only to find sold out stores, and then try using the universal trade tracker hoping one of the high priced hammers happens to have the traits I’m looking for and go running all over the universe checking individual stores that aren’t in a mall

1 Like

Thankyou for the mention :wink::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

If You see my wall decoration (pillars) you gonna know :wink:

1 Like

I know it’s a pain. Months ago I was talking already about it how its crazy we don’t have a forge market yet to solve the problem. I got mainly inspired by EZPZ (@KArios, @whitelet) . I thought often about them and wondered if they ever come back. At some point I tried to reach out to them, offered our help because I can imagine that they can’t just come back without getting tons of forge requests. So I thought maybe helping them out with forging could motivate them to come back. But I realized quickly, even that would not solve the problem. They would still be busy and we can’t keep forging all day long either. It’s a weight that is too heavy to carry for only 4 people. That’s how the idea formed more and more. I still do have hope our friends come back at some point. I believe they loved forging, that’s why they made literally everywhere a shop. But it still turns to a job at some point, and can be overwhelming if you have too much goods to keep stocked. They weren’t doing much anymore besides forging. So maybe someday they gonna join our community project and enjoy the forging on a small scale while enjoying the rest of boundless too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Update on the SUNSET FORGE MARKET:
Beginner Equipment and Tier 6 Tools taken by Host
Grapples taken by Alysteria
Blink Bows taken by DreamIn
Thanks a lot for the support! Keep going people, don’t be shy :slight_smile:

Edit done on top post: separated liquid tamer and farming tools to two unique shops by request

Edit by suggestion: it could be useful to change the beacon name to your category + @ FORGE MARKET. Example: Damage Bombs @ FORGE MARKET
-so it’s easier to see on Boundless Universal Trade Tracker and knowledge tab search function

3 Likes

Beginner Tools also to use on T3&T4 with brews depends on gem Topas or sapphire so No Need for extra Forge. Just make an Info for that to keep IT all simple AS possible.

I understand under beginner equipment more metals since they have less drain and are cheaper. What you talk about would be the t1 tool shop

Edited title because of the frequent question when this all starts or when I open this market/project. It is open. People can pick a category and when they are ready I will hand the spot over to them and they can build and sell. The wonderful Alysteria sells already nicely forged grapples.

1 Like

Added Lucent bombs as new category. The poll I made for separated or fused lucent slingbows stands so far on keep it separated. So as for now I will not do any changes in this category(categories)

Many categories are still free to take :slight_smile: we got so far Beginner Equipment, T6 tools, Regen Bombs, Grapples and Blink Bows covered. Come on guys! We can do it together! There are so many forgers spread, let’s come together in one place!

Update 9th September: We got a new forger in our forge market, welcome Chisel forger Bedroc!

After a second poll about lucent slingbows, the majority decided its better to combine all three lucents into one lucent bow shop that is going to sell umbris, rift and blink bows.

Reminder: Overlapping is for tools (hammers, shovels axes) where the damage boon shoots over the goal and creates a higher damage and therefore higher tier than aimed for. Those are tolerated in limited amounts by OTHER tool shop owners (T1-T7 shops). Overlapping counts also especially for heal/regen/effect (speed, strength, shield) bombs since you’re often getting there other boons. It’s a thing that some people like to keep them, most forgers though deconstruct these.
Forgers of other categories that have no relation to hammers, shovels and axes and count more so to equipment (also called in-game tech-crafting) or weapons, can NOT sell tools. That’s not part of the overlapping policy.

Important :point_up_2:

Update 10th September:

Now in stock: T6 hammers!

Update 11th September:

Hallway roof installed :+1:

2 Likes

Update 12th September:

Working on ‘hub-hallway-transition’ roof

Hallway adaptions (added doors on the in-between-hallways between shop spots) and auto-door for the with doors decorated walls and exit points

Created access to ‘hub background’ on the northern and southern side of the Hub which will be used for possible player-shop-portals.

Update 15th September:

HUB-Hallway-Transition/bridge - roof completed

Added more exact sign-posting so people find the portal accesses easier.

Which shops need an operator?

1 Like

We have one interested person in the liquid tamer category with big question mark if that person is gonna take that category over.

One very motivated forger is upcoming who wants to take over all 6 gems of slingbows.

I’m still searching for forgers for following categories:

Building & Gleambow Totems
Lucents tools
T7 tools
T4 tools
T3 tools
T1 (& T2) tools
Liquid Solidifier
Effekt bombs (speed, strength, shield)
Heal Bombs
Loot Totems
Damage Bombs
Fists
Lucent Bombs

And for a crafter for:

Brews

Brewa and Pies. One Shop for Mining and one for gathering and hunting Brews and pies? or simply all of brews and pies?

Pies and brews shops are extra :slight_smile: since they come handy while mining, farming, gathering, exploring, building and hunting, it would be nice to have them in the market too. It would make sense to separate them indeed into two categories, one would be for miners & farmers, the other one for hunting and exploring. Initially I was thinking of that the shop owners make some deal who is taking what over or both offer all at same price or one is taking over what the other can not handle. But probably it’s better to give those also their own section. The whole market is anyways separated into farming and mining and the other one more into exploring and hunting. There are few things though that kinda overlap as well like speed brew or strength brew. Can be used for both. For me it’s more a mining and farming thing over hunting. Because with hunting you just ‘can’ not must. With mining to optimize you need strength or speed brews.

Thanks for the questions, this way things can be more clarified :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer. Take it easy on me. I don’t really know which category, brew and cake would fit either. But baking and brewing could be fun for me and I could also imagine opening a second shop with something like that.