Opinion on loss of health too much when we die

I am wondering, is it me or do others feel that we lose too much health when we die? I think half is too much. One third or one fourth is enough for the first time and if you continue and die a second time in a set time limit then go with half.

How much do you skill levels matter in death and being able to recover?
For me I have
Vitality 3
Power 5
Dexterity 2
Agility 1
Luck 4
Zeal 1
Attributes 5
Mastery Slingbow 1
hammer 1
Axe 1
Tool Crafting 1
Tech 1
Decoration 1
Machine 1
Food 1
Hamer Epic
Shadow 1

Light 1
Endurance 1
Jump Distance 1
Colatile 1
Potent 1

I am at level 30 my son says he has two less than me. I have 7 points to spend and plan to up my cooking to 2 as I want to do more of that.
Freely admit I’m lousy at fighting, Not good at dodging the spitters when we are on a level 3 planet and when we get attacked by a mob and I have three or more coming at me I get confused in which way to go. Die at least once, always twice when we have a meteorite land near us. Last time, yesterday I died three times and my son died once, he died protecting me. We had two meteorites, one was almost on top of us and the other not too far away, we could have cut and run but wanted to try for it. On Cephonex Merika.

I feel that losing half my health is just too much. Drinks are a bit expensive but wondering if I need to get some and take them with me.

Do others feel that we lose too much when we die the first time or is it just me and/or my choice in skills?

I’ve just managed my first bulk craft of minor healing brews. Most of the ingredients are quite easy to find. I bought the bark in the end because I just could not be bothered with trees on >=4 lvl worlds.

If you need healing brews, I sell every type available in Universal Consumables. They’re also fairly easy to craft if you have a workshop set up with a few points in the skill.

To answer the question, I’m okay with health loss on death. I think that sadly a large part of the gaming community is very hesitant to use consumables which is a good part of the game and also helps to move the economy through sales of the items themselves and the materials to make them.

1 Like

(Bad advice… ignore this… see below)

Theres a revive power epic (epic 3, 1st row far right) that revives you with 100% health and 100% energy. Spend 5 of those skill points and wont need to worry again

I use invigorating pies and rage epic to tank with in combo with max health possible, and a whole array of instant healing brews, mainly the mega instant as it restores 18k health at once with 4 points in intellect when i have 25k health. super powerful healing

That revive epic allows you to use a revive augment to use on another player. To revive with 100% Janna would need someone with the skill to revive her, which would also have the benefit of avoiding the death penalty.

@Janna55 I do feel the health loss from revive is a bit steep. Not sure what a better balance point would be though. I hardly ever think about the death penalty after death. I think more of how much meaty casserole I have left, where I can hide till I recover health and stamina, and trying not to die immediately after eating a casserole so I don’t waste it.

1 Like

Ah i see… i did notice “Revive” with a capital R in the description and wondered if it was an official term and there was more too it… thanks for clarifying!

Thanks everyone for the help. Right now I’m broke, LOL spent my coins on drinks and atlases for my son. What can I say, I’m a mother, it doesn’t matter he is 34 years old and a whole lot better at this than I am, I still will take care of him.
@DonBab enjoyed your videos, haven’t watched the last one yet as too tired to stay away to watch it, will do so today.
Don’t know why more new players won’t watch them, they are very helpful.

The death penalty is already a joke let’s not make it less threatening😂