Orb to seed conversion

“EDIT” ok so this has became a pretty lengthy conversation. So I’ll put this here. I understand this was just a easier fix (convert) the mesh (seed) into a first tier mat (orb) instead of introducing a third. You don’t want to plant a orb, understood. So you just flipped around the order. It’s just the perspective at first glance that is confusing. Also not everyone reads the forums all the time. I guess we all here love this game and take things personal. It gets emotionally charged at times and there is much assuming involved that leads to blaming. Like getting trolled in your city from someone else’s actions. Or being told why you do things when that is furthest from the truth. Then them plotting all over and doing things for the devs… no wonder. ( great designer btw). Anyway. Thank you Dev team and @james for helping us out so much in game. Also, if there is anything else we can do to help let us know! Much love. End of edit.
So I’m curious. You converted my inventory of seeds to orbs one to one. Now I have to convert back using 180 to make 25. Why was this done like this?

3 Likes

Oh what the hell. Plus gathering flowers.

Just logged in and saw this recipe.No Bueno.

2 Likes

Yea that’s what I figured was going to happen and I was mad with the change before I knew the ratio to go back

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yes but some of us didn’t want the orbs. Like myself. Had no use for them really. I have 100s of the pumpkins and skulls and only wanted the seeds for the spiders. Not that I’ll actually make any now since they have forced it into farming and I want nothing to do with that nonsense

1 Like

I’m not sure what your point is. Just being snide, like so many around here lately?

But the orbs are the old seeds… those are the items you collected originally. They are just called something different now and have a new mesh.

No not snide at all. I’m providing an explanation as to why it is the way it is… which is what the OP is asking for…

Not sure what else to tell you beyond that explanation :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yea and originally they were going to let us choose what we did with them. Then they decided to force us to have orbs

1 Like

I don’t remember seeing that. I don’t suppose you have a reference to the post?

I’d imagine it was done that way to make it fair for everyone though.

Dunno if the edit history is still there but it was in the main post for the Halloween event

I’m fairly sure it’s been edited out.

Rather than post changes the announcement was edited and overwritten several times.

1 Like

Ah yeah, I found the changes in the original post. It was only edited once, from

Players with existing seeds will be able to convert them to orbs, or plant them in the ground.

to

Players with existing seeds will find them converted to orbs, which are used to craft the lanterns and dolls. These can also be used to craft spooky seeds, which are used to create Spiders. Spiders can be placed anywhere in the world and do not wither - these are props, not decorative crops.

Which is understandable, as the seed to orb conversion would need to be an additional recipe, as you’d still need to be able to convert them back again (which then creates a never ending gains loop with mass crafting).

2 Likes

All Spooky items originally cost 10 seeds.
Now all Spooky items cost 10 orbs.
Spiders cost 10 of the event collect item.

6 Likes

Yea but the conversion is kinda meh. Plus having to use farming to get the spiders

1 Like

You don’t… you can plant them without any farming skills. Or do you mean just farming in general?

Farming in general. I want nothing to do with it. Kinda sucks that I have to buy certain things or am forced to farm(Which I will not do) or go to an exo to get it. Honestly that whole update ruined boundless for me. Since if I remember correctly that’s when the lighting got changed. But the lighting is some what better now. Tho I think I have to get rid of my windows because the outside lighting screws with the inside too much now. Tho before any lighting changes it didn’t do that

In an odd turn of events, farming skills are now required for wood crafting.

Specifically the blocks required for this event.

No need to inform me that I can buy the blocks, TIA.

1 Like

Well its not really a conversion as its a totally new item just reskinned. So the old seeds were as easy to get as the orbs are now. And the spiders that you need to grow are intended to be more scarce.

They basically added a new item, Spooky Orbs, made a new deco-item require them, then switched the skins/names. Not much to moan about in regards to the conversion, maybe perhaps you prefer the look of a seed over an orb?

2 Likes

Better use spooky seeds before next year Halloween, maybe those get scared again and turn into orbs. Part of Boundless lore of something :stuck_out_tongue:

Conversion would have been better at 50 for mass. And yes the seeds look better but thats here nor there.