Orb to seed conversion

Oh so the point is that you feel the spiders cost too much to make? (not coin, resource wise)

1 Like

Come on Fire putting a seed down is not an apocalyptic event… you need no special skill spec, no special tools, nothing of consequence… just click it down somewhere and in a few hours you have a spider that becomes an item for placement.

The Developers did great on the event though I wish we could have kept our existing seeds to grow a spider army!

3 Likes

9hrs is not a few. And you need farming for the new blocks. Not completely informed it looks like. And again it’s being forced into a mechanic some people don’t want to do. Kinda like how the forge is forced on people

3 Likes

How do I harvest?

Well Nevertheless in the grand scheme of things making a spider is not a difficult thing for one to accomplish…

I didn’t force myself I to forging…I just bought aoe gear or use the hammers I made.i single hit for months…only after a year I decide that I wanted to learn it…nothing was forced

:roll_eyes: Sorry you’re forced to trade for it(since I’ll probably have to go into detail on this too… using the economy with coin or using some other method of barter)or learn it. No way to just craft them normally with set ingredients to get set outcome.

2 Likes

I think different people are bothered by different aspects of some things that have been happening lately.

They could have simply added a new item. Instead they re-skinned an old item, then added a “new” item that looks the same as the “old” item before the changes.

I have no insight as the the process or dev requirements, nor the reasons for this. However they also chose to post parameters (apparently) too early, while the process flow was still under development, which led to them changing the announcement several times.

This was done by editing the original announcement with no separate post that it had changed, meaning if you weren’t watching hour by hour there was no indication (other than third party reactions) that the parameters had been changed.

That may have been the only line edit to that text, however the spiders were originally crafted with spooky seeds, then to be crafted with spooky orbs, then to be grown with spooky seeds and trellis blocks. Those are the process changes that I’m able to remember.

Spooky seeds were to be able to be converted to spooky orbs, then they were to be converted automatically to spooky orbs and re-crafted into spooky seeds. AFAIK no announcement regarding orb to seed conversion recipe/ratio was made prior to the event.

It does require a crafted item to plant the spider. And the outcome is variable based on your spec.

Thanks for clarifying the current balance. To be clear, I (personally) am not bothered by the balancing, it just seems like the process getting here has been a bit convoluted.

Well honestly I’m a little bothered by the insertion of an RNG component and while somewhat tangential I am a little irritated that I need to spec for crop sowing to place a gathered resource into a crafting machine and churn out a block.

It’s been repeatedly re-iterated that farming skills are not required to participate in the event, while it’s extremely farming oriented and the farming skills have a significant impact on both the ability to participate, and your expected outcome.

Just to be painfully clear on this, I’m not bothered by the farming requirements, It’s a significant part of the game now and probably should have a place in the event.

I’m bothered by the repeated statements that it’s “not required” as it has become more and more clear that this portion of the event revolves significantly around it.

True enough.

I keep typing up my thoughts on certain matters, and then deleting them from this forum a lot, lately.

As I’ve done a couple times during this thread already, telling myself it’s not important or, more significantly, that I’m just going to get crapped on or taken wrongly.

It’s extremely difficult to try and provide measured feedback or have a valid conversation regarding any of this stuff when virtually every thread or comment that isn’t entirely ENTHUSIASTICALLY EXCITED is suddenly buried under a flood of “anti-complaining” or, however you want to describe it.

For me, it’s just trending to a decrease in engagement.

Yes when I feel myself tempted to craft entire posts around the word “Fair” I know I need to sort out how I feel about the larger situation.

I guess I better stop typing and post this before it turns into an actual off-topic novel.

3 Likes

I used to do the same. Bite my tongue and not say anything or just ignore parts of the game. But once too many things were forced on me(us) with what seemed to be from my view no significant input other than from a vocal minority(Some of which were no longer playing the game at this point, no clue if they came back either since they got their desired change) I got tired of not saying anything or glossing over things.

Anyway I went too far off topic. Sorry for that.

Summary of my feelings on the event. It’s unfortunate that the mass craft is only 25. Not thrilled on the requirements of having to farm if you want one of the new decorative items. Plus 9hrs(specing/fertilizers obviously change the time but it’s still long either way) is kind of ridiculous for just 2 spiders if you are specd for farming and have it all set up correctly(again being forced into a mode of the game or into the trade/economy)

2 Likes

Perhaps I’m a little misunderstood. So yes. I had to use cleanse points to get the farming skills. Which is a bit weird. I don’t farm. I don’t care too. But I do want to make spiders. All the other event stuff was to gather a item and craft it. (Valentines was fun and required just trading, yes I know). That’s it. I get this is trying to give us something to do. But get that maybe someone wanted the gear, don’t have the cleanse points nor cubics to get the farming epic let alone switch back. This is not even what I was talking about. Yes to craft it is exactly the SAME. What I said was all of my seeds (what we need) now need to be crafted back to the seeds. A loss occurs. NOW I didn’t know and this could have been the simple answer is that I don’t have to do this? I can plant the ORB? If so what is the point of the conversion to the seed now?

you dont need any farming skills for the spider (unless you really want the extra 20% chance of an extra spider drop but even with no arrangement or skills youll get 1 spider back which is the same as crafting the pumpkin/skull/oorty-doll)

last halloween; plants dropped seeds, and seeds were used to craft the props
this halloween; plants drop orbs, and orbs are used to craft the props, and then also to craft the seed to get the spider prop.

the “new” orb is exactly what the “old” seed was, nothing is lost if you had seeds left over from last halloween.

1 Like

Ok so. You did this instead of introducing a new crafting mat? That makes sense. Maybe you would have had us gather something else to craft spiders then. Look. I get that it’s 1 for 1 to craft the old gear and the doll. The thing I’m talking about is what the pic shows. I had the seeds. I want spiders. So now I’m converting what I HAD to begin with. Lol see? Not only that it’s 180 of what I had to give me 25… of what I HAD. But if you’re saying you did this instead of having us craft it with something else anyway I understand. It’s really perspective here and understanding why you did it this way. I understand now.

1 Like

Also, you need the farming epic to make a voxel called trellis. So yes, yes you do.

1 Like

I stand corrected on the trellis part… :frowning: in any case appreciate the correction! Always good to learn something new

100% chance of a second spider, and 20% chance of a third.

To be honest, it’s been a couple of gathering related events, oortmas canes and spooky stuff.

It’s been a couple of hunting related events, gleambow and snowball fights.

It’s been a trading event, the valentine’s one you mention.

All have had elements of crafting. And I’m not sure if I’m omitting any.

IMO it’s fine to have a farming related event. But call it what it is, and celebrate it. I’m surprised by all the reassurance that it’s not a ‘farming event’ then it gets released and it surely is.

Sorry as I realize the specific topic of the thread was the conversion process, this aspect seems to be upsetting to a lot of people. I’m not sure why they decided to change an old item AND add a new item, vs just adding a new item.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t mind as well I just like transparency.

Well I didn’t see this. My internet sucks when loading links today for some reason. Ok this explains what I was asking.

I’d say just enjoy the event for what it is or skip it… I didn’t participate in Christmas because grinding 6-8 hours for one mass craft batch of candy canes didn’t sound fun only to turn around and have to do it again for the 2nd half of your snowman. But with this event, I needed glowing lamella and pulsating orbs anyway so off I go!

3 Likes

I just don’t understand why they didnt just leave spooky seeds alone and just add the orbs.

Let us collect both! No conversions needed!

Whatever happened to not removing holiday stuff and just adding to it?