Order #1701

I’ve been a big Star Trek fan since I was 5. I’m … COUGH … years old now. I sell Star Trek trading cards for a hobby. I just ordered a tier 1 planet. Order #1701. I about fell over. Then I saw a biome was DeForest (Kelley as Dr McCoy). another biome was anti-grav. Check and check. I debated just how far to take the analogy as the first episode featured Nancy Crater with a Crater strike biome and Salt Lakes or Lick biome (Salt was heavily featured in the first episode as well. ) I didn’t get those last two, but…lol. Ah, I hope the planet is as great as the smiles I got when ordering it.

26 Likes

thank you for sharing and hopefully you enjoy it!

2 Likes

Oh you lucky… COUGH! lol. Well, may your world and your enjoyment there Live Long and Prosper! :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Except for an odd sponge infestation…it’s a keeper :wink:

2 Likes

I’m more of a TNG fan myself

The new show Picard is pretty good too

1 Like

TOS and Discovery bayyybeee. And the 2009 movie.

2 Likes

If you haven’t watched deep space 9 yet, I’d give it a try. It gets MUCH better in season 3, the first few you can tell the actors are still trying to get into their roles.

3 Likes

IMO, nearly all of main universe Star Trek other than ToS & the Chakotay episodes of VOY are excellent.

1 Like

DS9 is pretty good too, though the borg stuff got boring after a while.

Discovery isn’t bad either. You don’t like Picard @Mystfit?

Honestly it’s mostly that TOS is so retro that turns me off to it.

2 Likes

I like TNG and Enterprise the best. Never cared for DS9. Voyager so so. Not going to pay for the new stuff…but I’m cheap so. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I watched it for awhile and seeing Hugh was amazing, but no, after a bit, it just didn’t hook me. I’m dreadfully opinionated on what I like and don’t like about Trek and if it doesn’t meet my standards, man I can be harsh :wink: For example, @Rydralain has said they don’t like TOS, so they are dead to me…

:wink:

3 Likes

@XxymoxX Just as an fyi, last night started season one of Discovery on regular CBS. Fer freeeeeeeee.
Also, get the free trial of all access and binge the SNOT outta it :wink:

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’m sure I don’t like it because I’ve barely seen any… Because I always fall asleep when I try.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you had to be there at the time to appreciate TOS. It was… a confluence of events and time and…well ya know.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know I’m about a decade or two too young to appreciate it.

3 Likes

Enterprise???

The only good thing about enterprise is captain archer’s dog

3 Likes

I grew up on TNG and still put it on if I’m feeling depressed.

DS9 was a great serialized show with excellent characters, but could stand to skip a few of the Bajoran political episodes IMO.

I liked Voyager, especially the concept, but can’t watch anything with Neelix.

Couldn’t get into Enterprise in large part to the theme song. Just bleh.
Best Sci Fi Scott Bakula is Quantum Leap anyway,

Don’t care for Disco, Picard or the animated series they just put out, but I still watch the first two. Jason Isaacs was great in Disco.

The things that replaced modern Trek for me luckily are stuff like the Battlestar remake, Fringe, Expanse, Raised by Wolves, Black Mirror and The Boys.

I hope Trek gets good again in the future. Some of those TNG episodes are powerfully good.

2 Likes

Omg the theme song
And yeah quantum leap was way better

1 Like

It’s the sound of my enthusiasm slowly melting away… and then the episode starts.

1 Like