Overlapping beacon issue

So I am out in the desert on Solum and I’ve been reserve space for my project by claiming plots. I came across this plot and it says there’s an overlapping beacon. I even placed a beacon within the plot area and tried to fuel it but it won’t accept any leaves. I have the debug menu open and aimed at the placed second beacon with it saying “(Wilderness) LOCKED”. Not sure what that means.

Can a dev or someone else who has been experiencing this let me know if this is a known issue? Cause I even had someone visit the location in game and were able to mine out blocks in that plot.

The really odd thing is I can claim all land plots around this column but the column itself. Some assistance with this would be helpful.

1 Like

it sounds like there is a beacon ether above or below the area you are trying to claim…

the plot claim system is actually 2d… so if you claim a plot, in say a cave, it “reserves” all the plots above and below it.

This is in part to help prevent griefing (players boxing in your build) and in part to help players understand how the world is claimed in case they re-enable the mini-map or some other mapping system =) (otherwise they would need some sort of 3d map if they wanted to accurately display claims O.o)

Hope this helps and stay Boundless!

1 Like

Yeah I found out who it is and apparently the guy has a beacon some place on a low altitude. Couldn’t find it and don’t feel like going through tools to either. The guy goes by the name @CaddyWhumpusGamer . I am not mad or anything that he has a beacon down there (I had no idea to begin with), just want to be able to make sure the plots aren’t going to regen if I build in the area. I do have a work around, it would just seem a little strange is all and requires chisels. lol

Since I tagged him in this thread, I am hoping to speak to him and see if there’s a way for him to either move or work something out. The cave system where I am at is pretty huge and I am even willing to pay in resources (building materials) and help him move if he wants to. At least I know what’s going on now. hahaha

The other thing is I don’t want to all the plots around his beacon to make it seem like he’s being grieved or boxed in. So hopefully he sees this thread and contacts me. I am sure there’s something we can work out.

Thanks for the post though Jiivita!

2 Likes

Hes a Youtuber https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcyMjrp_-lb-q8G2e07Jjbg

1 Like

hey sorry I am in your way. I think I may know the place. that was from a long time ago. I removed the beacon but at the time I dint know you had to remove the plot also. if you give me the cords I will come over dig down and remove the plot. The reason I deeded there in the first place was to place a portal because I was experimenting with ore regeneration. I never did post a that video… I should post it so you can see what used to be there. but like I said I can come remove it and am sorry for the inconvenience the way the plot system keeps the plot even without a beacon could be useful but can also be a pain. I am on the Boundless Discord channel almost every day so you can find me there. the only reason I saw this is because you tagged me in it and I got an email.

1 Like

1,773N 2,252E (Altitude: 22)

At that altitude is when I discovered it was a plot claimed by you.

I am at the location right now removing rock.

You might be able to warp directly to the spot from Sanctum under the beacon tab. It’s worth a shot. That way you aren’t cave diving for an hour just to find the plot(s).

1 Like

i have this problem, i have a beacon with more that 10k(nifty beacon) prestige and i want with another character(builderkid) to put plots above nifty beacons but i can’t , even if i gave permission to do so. Is the same problem about overlapping beacon. Can you help me ?

1 Like

you cannot place plots from 2 different characters above anothers or below

4 Likes

That is simply not possible. When a character plots a plot only that character can plot the plots above or below and no one else…

3 Likes