Overlapping beacons question

So I am at my project site and I found these land plots that keep giving me this message that when I try and claim them but it says that it “would overlap another beacon” but I don’t have another beacon in that plot.

When I hit the blocks in that plot it comes back as “wild”.

How do I fix this?

This might be because another beacon someone else has placed is influencing the area and the plots you are placing would intercept the other players beacon, have you tried to look around for a beacon?

If an area is claimed by another player, there is a black box indicating so while holding your plotter tool, it’s hard to see depending on the background, also another case is someone has a beacon underground in a cave somewhere and is claiming plots below.

You can’t intercept plotted land above or below it as plots from skybox to the center of the planet are reserved, reserved areas are wild and players are free to obtain resources as normal, but plotting is reserved for the owner.

I have looked for the beacon. The plot inside my project and the plot directly above it have no beacons in it. On top of that I see no claimed area when I have my plot claimer item out. I can’t recall if I placed a beacon down in that plot’s area or not but wouldn’t that only affect the plot it directly is in? Also, I know if I am above or below a beacon of another player it says that the vertical plots are reserved by that player but I can still remove blocks. In this case, it just says that they are “wild” and not reserved by anyone.

So what am I missing? Like I said I can’t recall if I put a second beacon down in that area or not though.

hmm, maybe i could come over and check out what’s going on, this is rather strange if there is no other beacon in the area claiming.

If you don’t mind giving me your coordinates and planet i don’t mind coming to help figure out the problem.

hold on in the middle of searching for diamonds on andoo…

I’ll work my way over there through my saved points

all cool, will be ready and waiting

Do you know where aquatopia is?

in fact, i know i can get to it through Therka Market at the Mobius Plaza, so yeah

Forgive me, my internet has been really crappy today…

You getting Disconnections too?

I think it’s the servers

Yeesh, i couldn’t even move

Yeah, very strange, sorry about the disconnect there… My internet just isn’t what it used to be anymore, it’s always on and off, anyways, hopefully the problem will be resolved soon.

Yeah I’ll post something about it tomorrow in the support forum. It’s a little strange indeed. Right now getting more diamonds and titanium is more important. lol

did you look under the plot for plotted areas?

I looked myself @the-moebius it’s not taken up by any other beacon or plot, it remains wild and unreserved.

1 Like

I had the same issue. But there was indeed a beacon way up on a mountain, despite the client only showing wild and not reserved.
But the server knows and blocks you claim.

I’m sure there is a beacon somewhere. If not above, then below you. Maybe dig down until you hit plots.

That’s strange though. I guess I’ll have to do a little digging when I have the chance. Just a little annoying to have to find it and if it’s stuck under some rock then that’s a really random place to put a beacon.

Okay so I’ve done a little digging around and still can’t find the beacon that’s covering just that plot column. Maybe this is a bug?

Where is this location and we can take a look?

I typed the coordinates into a post in my Support thread regarding this.

I think a quick read through that better serves for further explanation.

Thanks for taking notice of this James!