Own Your Own World?

I marked the part you asked about.
It doesn’t explain how the control look like (simple can/can’t enter the world where “can” means all possible actions apart from already beaconed area where permissions rules apply, or will there be “world permissions” meaning someone can get in but not necessarily build or break blocks etc.).

James’ first is the worlds we play on now.
James’ second is what I called rented.
James’ third is what I called private.

This info is 3 years old, is there anything more current?

There are more recent topics and James answered questions by quoting himself using this part.

Cool, be good to have those links if you could, had a search myself but cannot see any more current info!

Was just browsing myself but didn’t find anything more recent than 2017.

In general, if there is no news on the subject than nothing changed, right?

May last year. Big post by devs before full release. It still quotes the same old info giving some more detailed description.

Maybe, or you could interpret it as not saying anything because for whatever reason they can’t follow through.

If I promised my partner I would build a shed 4 years ago, and the last time I mentioned it was 2 years ago, and then only to reference the conversation from 2 years before that, I think she would be entirely justified in thinking it might never get done!

She certainly wouldn’t be telling people I was definitely building a shed based on that info alone!

Look above. You posted seconds after I posted that.

I see it, more recent indeed, but scaled back in scope compared to the ones from a few years back.

It seems there are plans for something along these lines, but maybe not quite what was originally thought.

I guess it’s just back to wait for more conclusive info on this once the devs see fit.

This will seperate the playerbase even more. It would be dangerous for the game. New people would feel more isolated.

1 Like

Ehh, not sure what you mean but the more recent quote has more details actually and seems to be more complex…

Oldest quote: Players can control who has access to their world.
Newest: You can whitelist who can visit (including ‘everyone’) and whitelist who can claim plots (including ‘everyone’).

ie. more detailed…

If everyone goes for the completely private worlds that no one knows about, then yes, but I think that many people are interested in this to be able to whitelist certain people who can claim plots and allow access (and gathering and mining) to everyone…

I know I want it for that! No more surprise gigantic cubes popping up or gleam sticks everywhere! Also no need to pre-plot everything right away!

I aint hating on the idea. Would love more planets. But the player base is already scary low. New players want to see social gatherings, markets, large towns, builds. And if everyone is on a private planet, Itll be even less a social game. I like the gleam towers, the weird things that i never actually get. Its part of the game. This is a MMO.

But if you’re going for a certain look for your town then a gleam tower suddenly popping up in the middle of it is not exactly fun…

And private planets where everyone is whitelisted are still planets where everyone can go to so I do not see a difference to how public planets are now…

Only difference is is that you might not be able to put a beacon down without asking permission first…

Unless of course many people opt for a completely private planet where no one can go to, but I highly doubt many people will go for that…

I can get behind the whitelist idea. but still got to watch stretching the players too much. We need some fresh blood. Game needs to go on sale or something lol. Sooo many games about to hit before summer.

It’s on sale right now on Steam for 30% off :wink:

Thanks, missed that. Might upgrade to the deluxe. tempting.

Has it ever been on sale on the PS4 tho?

And Deluxe upgrade… Hmmmmz…

My opinion on these worlds still stands. Private/rented worlds are a horrible idea.

It goes against “MMORPG”. It goes against “everyone plays in the same shared universe”.

Again just my opinion… not a fan of the idea at all.

2 Likes

I would like to point out that James updated that post on 30 Aug 2018, adding the following: