Paka's New Mines currently on TNT network

I just tried @bucfanpaka 's new Mal mine (diamonds). Only hit lava once, and mined for about 45 minutes. I’m fairly thorough, I don’t spam hammers because I have to get back to the forge sooner if I do. I used about 800 dur with 1 persisting pie and no speed or strength brews.

Did not exhaust the mine by any means, just wanted to get a little time in there. (note that I hit it twice and there was a regen in between which mean I chewed up more rock than necessary). Also, I don’t skip anything so it is very possible to only focus on things like diamonds or hard coal and get higher numbers.

530 rough diamond
just under1400 ore
just over 1800 coal (no soft)
just under 500 minerals
just under 100 fragments
inventories of rock, sand, gravel, …etc.

HAVE FUN !!

13 Likes

Sweet. Where’s the portal to it? I’ll check it out, too.

Reminds me I should find myself some rubies, too.

1 Like

Thanks, really glad if this can help folks!! :smiley:

The other ones I have up now-

Norkyna - Amethyst
Serp - Diamonds, this one I actually prefer to Malu because how huge the spot is, and there is little to no lava around it for a long way!
Houchus - Sapphire (this one spread out more vertically, also, several other good hotspots close to it)
Besevrona - This is a new one for me, on a small overlap between big Amethyst and Emerald spots, loving it already. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking Shedu Tier for Emerald or Alcyon for Ruby next.

Portals to these mines are currently in the TNT planet hub buildings on their worlds, but keep in mind these portals to access them will move a little bit eventually, I’ll post again in here when that happens.

Half toying with making some sort of mining guild eventually, so members can use stuff in the little outposts, like the chrysominter and storage, drop things off and come back and all.

Thanks again!! :smiley:

14 Likes

I’d join something like that, since that makes it far less of a hassle to go mining.

2 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: thanks for this Paka! Will definitley be checking these out

I haven’t used a mining network since Nawty left :sob:

1 Like

Thanks, good to know, I might do that sooner rather than later then! :slight_smile: Would be a little bit of an honor system due to the storage, but I can’t see it being a real problem.

@Trickyy90 - Thanks!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Could give some frequent users their own little chest to use, if that’s any idea.

I’d gladly donate some for it.

1 Like

That’s a good idea- next few I do maybe I’ll make slightly larger to give a little more room if we do that. A couple of them I only did one plot so they’re a little tight but next few maybe I’ll do 3-4. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d suggest making the expansion be vertical, in that case. It would reduce chance of overlapping ore spawns with plots.

1 Like

Alcyon Ruby Mine up! :smiley: Had a little trouble choosing a spot for this one. More lava around here than another I was considering but a lot more hotspot in this region. Didn’t have much luck with Shedu Tier, tried to do an emerald mine. So will stay with what we have for right now, see how this does.

Mr. Nix - Looks like Norkyna mine portal not labeled, it is in SE corner, thanks! :slight_smile:

And I started the guild! Miners Guild - yeah, ultra-creative there I know! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Anyways, I gave control to all the mine beacons, and I’ll make anybody who signs up a guild worker. I also put sign-up books in every mine. Also, I transferred my hammer versatility helix over to this one, once I get enough endeavor I’ll get the Minor one going for this guild.

That Spitter is our mascot. His name is Mole. Please don’t kill him. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I was planning on this set up in the hubs hence why most the hubs have shelves with advanced locks.
But I guess I would be short on space to accommodate everyone that might want one.
Maybe we can figure out a way to adapt the hubs for this idea? Or perhaps a building just outside on a alliance guild

1 Like

Hmm, yep, claiming another plot just outside and adding another building is an idea to consider for sure, especially if this gets popular. Right now, at least for my own little mines, based on how light the traffic to them seems to be, honor system might be safe for now - most people won’t mine for more than a few hours, I don’t think there should be much overlap. Way I’m imagining it, people will run back to the outpost, dump and/or chrysomint things, mine some more, when done come back from their home to pick them up… not long-term use, not the best idea for storing the really valuable stuff like your forged tools between trips, if it is me it will be more for dumping the cheaper mining products.

If there is theft, anybody, please report it here (PM if you have a suspect, of course, can’t name that openly).

Wouldn’t advanced locks prevent theft

1 Like

Yep, but right now I’ve kept these things small on purpose, to eat up as little of the hotspots as possible so space is at a premium in them - would be cluttered if we have a lot of people wanting them eventually. Also, TBH, on thinking of it more since it was mentioned earlier in the thread, trying to juggle a bunch of requests for containers and keeping track of who is no longer active is not something I’m sure I want to take on, really. I’m happy to help by creating the mines, keeping the portals fueled is low-maintenance, but I don’t want it becoming too much of a job, especially since I’ve got so much else I’m wanting to do in the game and I might end up creating quite a few of these outposts over time. I’d like to see if this - using an honor system and at your own risk - will work first, as I do see it as more a short-term dumping point for mining goods and it will just be guild members with access (might be able to just ID and remove any who cause trouble if it comes to that).

U can buy minter coils from chilled lol.

1 Like

That would be a good attraction in the long term, if I got them powered… :smiley: I would definitely have to expand the outposts then of course, or a basement level.

When I would go mining with golden fist the start point had storage blocks for excess rock and then those were taken to the guild to use in Mass stone/refined making for newer players to level up. Of course that was when teaching pies were better for Mass craft fill everything go to sleep wake up 10 levels higher lol. Those were the good days

1 Like

I see what u mean easier to give.perms and let it be then to assign to each lock and reassign. I make enough mistakes with closed portals as it is lol

What if we built an outer border of a system like aenea has done with coin converters and let people plot their storage area within it no one would ever need more than one plot anyway.

As you said a couple hours mining is enough for most so a single plot would likely be more than enough.

We could just put the word out and build for the people that initially say yes and then there’s an efficient format for others to join onto, effectively creating a little town outside each hub which would be great

1 Like

That would be cool - and if it takes off, each little Hub Town could have a central area with a shared powered chrysominter perhaps? :smiley: Just brainstorming, thinking very long-term as things take off perhaps… :slight_smile:

1 Like

My pro tip for mining bases - hollow out the whole area at elevation 16, then just build over top of the lava pools. Nobody cares if you build there, and minimal wasted resources.

I used to have a good emerald spot on Shed, I’ll share if I can figure out where it used to be. I re-built the base I had let expire, but I don’t remember which direction to dig :frowning: one way was lava pools and misery, the other emeralds for days.

3 Likes