Particularly painful forging

I have this single stack of shovels that I have been trying to forge over several hours for the last several days. I have tried different times of day and different days. I even tried reordering the shovels in their stack…you never know what will please the gods…and this stack of shovels just will not forge properly. I am getting all the wrong boons and have to start over and at this point I have to wonder if this little stack of shovels is going to get the better of me. I even contemplated tearing my forge apart, throwing it in a lava pit somewhere and starting fresh.

Seriously though, is there something in coding somewhere that makes one stack of items harder to forge than others? I have forged other things just fine…it’s just this one stack of shovels that seems to be giving me grief.

RNG is not our friend

3 Likes

If you’re using deconstruct or boon removal just keep going, eventually you’re bound to get the ones you want (assuming you’re using the correct gums)

Or maybe try a different method. Switch out your compound and try draining or corrupt (I don’t know what deck you’re using at the moment)

1 Like

I am using this [Guide] The Methodology to Forging Everything - V2.3 - Added Repair Spanner. It’s what I have been using since I learned to forge. I don’t really know any other methods.

1 Like

What type of shovels are you trying to make?

AOE T6. I make exo mosaics and concrete. They make it so much easier for gathering gravel and sand.

So you want AOE, extra DMG. And durability? Or speed?

Durability aye.

Personally I don’t use protection paste, instead I would add boon removal solvent, like @Trickyy90 suggested. That will give you a chance to flush out an unwanted boon without scrapping the whole thing

2 Likes

For AoE I use corrupt boon 1, fate paste, protection paste, defect removal catalyst, boon removal (deconstructing over and over hurts my soul) And vigour 2
Gums: effect, special, long/lightness
I only forge up to 5 at a time doing this.

To forge 9 at a time I use the same deck but I use corrupt 1 and draining 1, and swap out the defect reversal (then just be really careful and keep an eye on that defect bar. Try only use the corrupt if it’s gonna be the last few rolls before using vigour cat.)

4 Likes

A post from the master :blush: this reply helped me SO much when I was learning the ways of the forge

3 Likes

this is how I do AOE tools with speed, you need to change the lightness gum for longevity gum

2 Likes

Thanks!! I really only forge for me. Occasionally I sell one or two when I need a little coin so experimenting scares me. If I mess up then I have wasted time I could have spent doing something I actually wanted to do…like getting stuff to build something. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah a lot of it is experimenting to start out with, and it can be rather pricey! I remember the frustration when I was struggling for Cs. The original thread of how to make Cs was my way of finding out how to become rich :laughing:
I’ll say this though, it’s forging that did it for me! It took a while of learning, and being able to afford the mats but once you do start selling them (or stop buying them for personal use) you’ll find it really is an excellent money maker/saver!

1 Like

Start with the damage and dura. Work on AOE last. Use 3 to 4 special gums. If you magnet level it to 3 and use transmute. It will turn to AOE 4

3 Likes

I always set damage then aoe then longevity personally.
I find I can judge how long to spend on my third boon based on the vigour and stability I have left. So if both are still above 1000 on my third boon I can sink a few more compounds into that one before getting my AoE up to 4, then I just focus on adding damage until I’m out of stability

And I tend to use 2 gums when setting my boons and just 1 gum when levelling them

I feel like many people (including me ha) get stuck in a forging method they are used to, experimenting is the best way to find what works for you! :smiley:

Oh, and when I was practising I used to just forge one tool at a time, limits the frustrations xD

1 Like

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I’ll give it all a try!!

1 Like

If you try mine, have in mind that I dont forge the full damage! I use str brews instead

1 Like

Ive been forging the same way for about a year and a half. Has not failed me yet. Very little headaches. Somecdays seems the forge is rigged but those days are few. I can put out a 350 T6 hammer in less than 2 mins with my eyes closed.

Mostly comes down to compounds u use. And transmute or solvent. I stay away from solvent it has a habbit of putting the skill u remove back on

With your eyes closed huh? Impressive :wink: ha

I think I’ll do some experimental forging myself when I’m next on!