Pet system idea

I like the idea of pets. Would love each pet to have a different role, one that adds some storage etc. Good idea!

1 Like

yep here it is

here is the one on solum

4 Likes

I didn’t know some of the Devs had worked on Black and White 2… I used to love that game! In the good old days when I had a PC rather than a ps4!

2 Likes

What I really would like to have for the pet system is one that you can craft. Animal taming is all nice and everything, but in a scifi sandbox MMO like Boundless, I would like to create some sort of craftable robot pet or companion.

It could do a variety of different things.

I think a good way to balance this kind of pet would be to have it get loaded up with spark batteries. So you could set the parameters of its behavior to mine 3x3 tunnels in a straight line for 50 blocks and then return to the original location. That could be one of these robot pets. Another robot pet could be one that picks things up and places it in its inventory and that’s all it does.

There could even be battle pets too that do nothing but fight stuff that is attacking you and have basic attack animations and are either melee or ranged.

I just think it would be really cool to have a robust pet system that lets you craft what you want. Implies there would be a tiered way to go about doing it, could even include forging and farming and other systems too.

Basically, this is sort of how Thaumcraft from Minecraft did it and those golem pets were beautifully balanced.

2 Likes

My only demand is a Cuttletrunk pet we can attach a camera to. I want my Cuttleview™ Camera that @AmandaPan proposed a while back. Would make screenshots and checking builds from other angles a lot easier.

1 Like