Pigment processor color mixing, anyone made or has plans to make a guide?

So has anyone made a guide yet how the mixing works?

do you talk about goo? I am planting all the colors in white gleam, and little by little they become clearer, what has come out the most is white. later I will try different colors of gleam to stabilize the color. but the same is all coincidence

To give you an idea

1 Like

Nope not goo farming or mutating, I have maintained a farm since farming release. I am talking about a guide how to get colors and shades from other colors with the pigment processor.
You can get the same color over and over if you use the same gleam until the goo has shifted to the color that the gleam has.

Does this setup have growth incorporated? I believe that could increase your yields?

Nvm i think i see it lol or is that the gleam sign border :thinking:

Nope I don’t see any growth either. Can’t be where you think you see it because the lava would burn it.

This is an alternative setup for maximum crops while morphing I guess. 215% yield and 75% seed I assume which is basically the optimal (grown on rock with lava near) but with controlled morphing rather than the random ones.

I dont remember being able to get crop that high on gleam, but if thats the ratio then im definitely going for that once i finish clearing out my area.

Btw i sidetracked on the topic, but i haven’t done much mixing myself yet. Slowly hoarding pigments to get a stack of 900 for each color then will mix any extras.

James did post this @VirtualEclipse

Goo Color Wheel

Updated the title.

This is the best thread I’ve read about the math behind it: Goo Color Wheel

Since the colors are in a 3-space color wheel you need to pick two colors that are equal distance from the desired output - taking into account their hue as well as luminosity. I haven’t gotten around to plotting all of the colors myself

Edit: I think the best I’d be able to do is predict color output given the inputs. Since there are 255 inputs, and you can use multiple amounts of each color, I don’t see an easy way to make a tool for displaying possible inputs for a given output. There would be multiple solutions. In other words, I could answer “what happens if I mix blue and green?” But cannot answer “what colors need mixed to give me silk magenta?”

Ye, that is the thread I am refering to was a part of this conversation back then ^^
Just wanna find out if I have to try the complex color math or if someone smarter is already on it.

edit: complex math is my cryptonite \ o_o /

Ah gotcha. @ me if you find out because im curious as well

1 Like

Ofc, lets hope I am not the one making it. Would be a very bad alpha version guide, until the community flame wars it to a decent guide~

1 Like

I’ll be setting up a utility for myself soon, that I’ll share with folks. Right now I’ve just been using the image I made to theorize and then doing some testing in the mixer to confirm.

2 Likes

Yea I did some tests with the picture too, tho I always end up at dark red for some reason when I try to produce shadow red, if I try to bring down the light it goes to another (darker color) close by. Its hard without a proper formular.

Looking forward to it, I might make something crude tool /formular too when I find the time.

I have it on as a chess board, with refined gleam and lava