Placed blank of blank maximum Complex Blocks

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I tried doing a search and didn’t find what I was looking for. The numbers for the “placed of maximum complex objects” are no longer showing up for me. no count, no maximum. I noticed this on Alnitans and Circarpous, haven’t tried anywhere else.

If it matters, I play on a 2017 5k iMac running high sierra 10.13.6

4 Likes

the max amount of complex objects is 500 in a 2x2 beacon area.

if you are on PC you can check the debug menu under: Selection, Current chunk and then you’ll see ‘mesh block’ in your current area

1 Like

Thanks. I know what the maximum is and how to find out. My concern is that the notification is not operating as intended.

2 Likes

Ahh okay well I have no ide why it doesnt work for you then.

I’ll get warnings myself when im around 1/4th and 2/4th

1 Like

You did not get any message like “you already placed xx mesh”?

1 Like

Correct, I posted a screenshot showing exactly what the notification shows. There is a warning but the variables are not included.

1 Like

Did you disabled the log on game settings?

i think they are all on.

1 Like

Weird. I’ve never had this myself. I assume this is new for you too?
I’ll test when I get home.

3 Likes

Were you right at the limit before it started doing this, or has it never shown the number to you?

1 Like

Poutine’s been playing a long time so I assume this is new

1 Like

I know :wink:

2 Likes

The macOS version is not presenting the numbers in the message. (Which is totally weird.)

(@vdragon)

4 Likes

interesting question, I’m nowhere near the limits. I have specifically been keeping an eye out because I’ve been doing renovations at a couple places (as you probably know, I’ve got a long to-do list). This is definitely new, I would say possibly within the last week or two.

I have a couple other macs I can test it on, if I need to isolate it to operating system version or graphics card or anything. @james @vdragon

2 Likes

That’s pretty strange since I assume it correctly inserts all the other variables as text. And I assume you use the same graphical routine/linear algebra to align and render overlay text like the beacon name vs the complex count.

Same issue if I’m on Mac
Never noticed, lol.

3 Likes

i notoriously can only count to 24, so this just blew my mind

4 Likes

Lol
You know how in game signs look slanted and stretched depending on where you look from, but people’s names are always facing you, and the beacon name is always 2d up top?

Math does that :wink:

If you can only count to 24 how do you know how many coils you have? Haha

1 Like

i have 24 coils on each machine… so i count my machines… and i do not have more than 24 machines at any one location.

3 Likes

But how would you know if you can’t count to 25? :wink:

Not teasing you if you have a learning disability btw. Just having fun