Placement limits

Is any information available regarding placement limits for props?

The amount I’m able to add seems inconsistent on different plots, so just trying to be able to plan things a bit better… I recently got half way through a workshop/storage design then had to rework it as when crossing into a different plot I couldn’t keep the same pattern.

IIRC one chunk can have 500 meshes max. Blocks are blocks, and don’t count. Meshes are those things that are not blocky, or have moving parts, like machines, doors, shelves, etc. Chunk is 4 plots, 16x16 blocks area and goes from bottom (mantle) to top (sky). Using debug menu if on PC, you can check in debug information how many meshes are in the chunk you are pointing to. Some people go around the limit by for example having the middle of the building where 4 chunks meet. So each quarter of building has it;s own limits. Its just an example of course.

Many thanks mate! I knew plots directly above and below were linked, but didn’t understand the whole chunk thing… the build in question is 3 plots wide, so it now makes sense why on one side I could put more down compared to the middle and other side!