Placing Decorative Ancient Wood

Hello,
Wanted to place some decorative ancient wood but the patterns don’t want the way I’d like them to. Tried different placement options, top bottom left right, but somehow it doesn’t work. Unfortunately, the chisel for chiseling back doesn’t work on wood, but it works on boxes. Would be grateful for any good tip.

sometimes you will have to place another block down and then place your wood block off of the temporary block. You just have to play around with it but sometimes it takes temporary blocks to get the job done.

1 Like

Can’t test it out right now but I think the ornate/deco wood orientation depends on against what side of the block you place it against (unlike minecraft where it depends on player orientation). Also the orientation of the pattern might change upon chiseling the block.

Back then when i built patterns in the floor with those I just did one orientation after each other which meant I had to place every second or fourth block and then repeat the whole path for the next orientation

1 Like

Hi, thx for answer.
I’ve already tested this, but it’s really annoying to set it and tap it away over and over again.

and in this case it doesn’t want to pull out its hair as i would like; )

1 Like

Gotta say, when something puolls out its hair just they way you wnat yes!!

I played a lot with it on SUNSET FORGE MARKET and I can tell you the sad truth. Not the block is getting adapted but you adapt to the block. The placement of the block isn’t the same in all sky directions and you can not always make it work the way you want. It’s very unfortunate. Made me choose a few times a different pattern/wood/block. I experienced that with the lustrous deco wood too.