Placing water

Is being able to place water close to being in game really would like to fill my pool.
Also just make it so you can only place water in beaconed areas if you remove the beacon the water gets removed with it. Also make it so it won’t flow out of the beaconed area.

2 Likes

It’s a work in progress.

It’s a very long process it seems, don’t get your hopes up.

I would love to see some sort of plumbing system similar to spark cores as pumps and spark cords as pipes except without needing fuel to keep them running unless it’s really cheap and easy to make like beacon fuel. Dumping down buckets of water source blocks just seems a bit outdated.

1 Like

Maybe farms will bring it

1 Like

Source blocks of water were available to a handful of players during beta, myself included.

I think the reasons behind the delay are as follows;

Latency is perhaps the main issue. We built a town called Elop Portas, which had an aquaduct system that delivered water to whoever needed it. The ducts ran right around the town and poured water onto builds at the request of the resident.

Toward the end of development though, when the city was large and had many active waterfalls, streams, fountains and pools, there was an issue with latency as all the water calculations were ramping up. Especially when new water was being added.

These problems will be ten fold during live release, which is perhaps one of the reasons for the delay.

The second is Griefing. Pretty straight forward. Tipping water onto another players build or flooding their store is another problem the developers need to find an elegant solution to.

Neither of these things are simple to solve, so may take a while.

3 Likes

Could a possible solution be to give us blocks of water, that don’t flow/move? It has the looks of water, you place it like any other block. We can then set up our ponds/pools/rivers.

The lack of movement would lower the calculations and prevent griefing.

1 Like

Definitely. I personally like that suggestions, though I’m sure they’re working through all possible solutions. Ideally I believe they’d want to give us flowing water, as it’s a lot of fun to use, so they’re perhaps trying to figure out a solution to that before they resort to ‘dumbing down’ the water mechanics.

I made an assault course that used a lot of flowing water and lava, and we used doors as water gates on the aquaducts. There’s something terribly pleasing about spending weeks building a chute, then having that final nervous moment when you open the water gates and see it cascade into all the areas you hoped it would.

1 Like

Lol, that sounds awesome. I’d love to have that element in the game to play with. In the mean time we have alternatives. I’ve only seen a few posts about water from months ago about it coming soon.

1 Like

There’s some old beta footage of me and @Scratchnwiff placing some flowing water here.

1 Like

we need water

2 Likes

That image brings up memories of sadness and frustration.

1 Like

sorry was mean to inspire. I think they will add water source the question is when.

No man, you’re fine. The Image is lovely, the storyline of that game…is…hmmmm…

1 Like

ok I get that .

I made that suggestion last year but it was rejected by the Devs …when I get a moment I’ll have to traul through my past posts to find the response. I thought it might be good even if it was just a temporary stopgap until they got actual water source blocks working. They could just re-skin something like a slime block to look like flowing water so we can make fake streams and waterfalls for the time being.

2 Likes

thanks for info never knew these issue it had aqua was build into a massive onesource block height swamplake in the last months the water source i got and used never weirded out on me but i dunno how many you used

one thing that could be something to help dev’s maybe is letting us access a testserver where we allowed to play with water think it could help the dev’s along and we have some fun
(massive water wars in end probably hahahah)

Would be nice to hear from a dev now about getting water in the game and what exactly they are waiting on instead of just speculation.

1 Like

Water source blocks in the /give menu on testing would be good! Great idea for testing.

1 Like

Could have a water source then water link blocks like with spark. The water just follows the “invisible” links.