Experiencing connection instability to some worlds

11-13 people, most seemingly on the west coast and all unable to get to EU worlds.

I don’t have any issues in any other games or websites. It is only this game trying to access those worlds so it’s specific to whatever service this game uses.

It is very frustrating. I’ll probably just stick to my home world and west coast worlds for the next week and not play as much until something is done. I need to make a list of which worlds are the west coast/east coast/aus worlds so I can know which worlds to avoid as every time I go to a EU world it takes me 10 minutes to log out because sanctum becomes inaccessible saying my character is stuck in the EU world.

I am from Europe and I use lamblis and besevrona on a daily basis, I have not noticed any connection problems, in case it helps you

It would be helpful if at least one t6 network set their routing up so you don’t have to go through any EU servers to travel. Maybe one is already set up this way and I’m unaware of it. It’s pretty frustrating being unable to get to the new exo because the pathway to get close enough to warp there is unplayable, even if the new exo might work fine.

1 Like

Ive been thinking about making a detour

Isnt HSE set up that way? it doesnt go through ol bessie

Got me. I’ll check :blush:

1 Like

Let us know

FWIW, the weird thing is that the PS4 at my house is on the same Wi-Fi but has never had any problems.

1 Like

You can bypass all of the EU and AUS T5-6 if you go through the Portal Seekers Hunter’s Courtyard.

3 Likes

Boundless is very different from other online games. Most games prerender a static environment on the client side. Each Boundless World has billions of potential entities that can be manipulated by many players. That is a lot of data. The occasional net traffic issue is the price we pay for having a game universe that is worldwide.

Ultima and Portal Seekers both have their hubs set up by world region. The main Ultima hub is EU though. Portal Seekers has region hubs on Grovidias Te (USW), Biitula (USE), Lamblis (EUC), Boori (AUS).

I hope that helps.

3 Likes

Doesn’t code gleam go to serp via maryx? I can’t remember but I think it does
Edit: never mind, I think there’s one stop in between but I’m pretty sure it would avoid EU to go that way

I just dont see in this day and age how developers dont see these issues. For years we had designated servers for this exact issue. Can you imagine if this game was popular? The traffic would make this game also unplayable. Im fairly certain this issue is also a reason why people throw their hands up and go play something else. These issues have been here since day 1 though they have been less frequent until late (speaking for myself).

I have my main home on EU planet so I cant just bypass EU.
If Im bound to a certain few planets then its not exactly Boundless is it?

4 Likes

Connectivity on my end has been pretty good for all the regions up until the last few days. It seems like the latest issue is due to Comcast.
It would be nice if the devs refactored the blink secs for the T5-6 planets to make it possible to stay in the same region when these things happen. And yeah, it sucks if you built your main base in another region.

1 Like

Thanks yes that helps. I was able to finally get to where I wanted to go without constantly being forced to the sanctum.

The only problem now is the worlds I have to avoid are evidently the ones where I was shopping at the most. I’ll have to find new shops or start making my own items until it gets fixed.

Thanks again for that info on map layout.

Hopefully its back to normal before the dodge bomb event Sunday. Arena is on Biitula. if you can get there we should be fine.

Everything seems to be ok for me - I just visited all the different regions (but from the UK).

Routing can be very different especially when we have players from many different regions and networks connecting.

The servers are all running fine. We have many metrics ans notifications to give us details about their status.

6 Likes

Seems we must all go after Comcast. Lets go!

They’re gonna put you all on hold for hours… lol. Comcast is awful.

3 Likes

Use to have a company called Adelphia before comcast took over. They were much better.

1 Like

On a semi-related note the issue I am having about unplayable is after switching characters. I can be perfectly fine but when the new character loads into the same area it’s unplayable for a few minutes and if I leave it alone it settles down just fine