Plants counting toward block mesh

As said above
@james please tell me this is a bug and not on purpose
I’m on ps4

1 Like

Is it the kindling mass plants you’re talking about? I do recall reading somewhere that they would count towards the mesh limit… could be wrong though as I think it was just a player who stated this.

I know the normal plants(non farming ones) are considered meshes. But I’m not sure about which of the farming ones are, if any.

1 Like

Yep normal ones

As I understand it, plants are meshes. If plants did not count toward the limit, that would itself be a bug.

To take plants off of the mesh limit, they would need to cease being a mesh. That means either change them to a Sprite (2d image that is always facing flat toward the camera), or turn them into a voxel (like thorns, a solid block with the same texture repeated on 6 sides). Both of those options would be hideous, though dramatically easier to render. There may be other 2d methods to render them that are less GPU intensive, but I doubt it would look as nice.

1 Like

Crops using the grass renderer don’t count against the mesh limit. So there is a in-between version which isn’t a 2D billboard.

3 Likes

Yes plants are a mesh. Try looking at the mesh limit on one of those fields of flowers. It is usually right near 100-150 I believe. Built over one once and had to plot those also (to remove them) to get the mesh limit down.

What is the limit?

Think it is 512 per chunk (2*2 plots, from mantle to 256 alt) now.

2 Likes

Can I get this closed please @Havok40k
Don’t need it anymore

Closed at OP request