Please give timber blocks texture rotation

After the removal of crafted slabs, I assumed this change would have already been made, as it effectively changes all timber slab block placement from now on. Unfortunately I found that it is still the case that when a wooden timber block is placed, regardless of what block it is placed against, its textures are always set in a globally fixed direction. As someone who used ancient wood timber slabs as a staple block for floor trims (mainly due to the slab’s ability to have a non-fixed texture), this kind of limitation is rather disappointing. I don’t know why timber blocks have fixed textures, but please consider changing it.

4 Likes

I feel it is also necessary to add that this also seems to apply to stone blocks as well.

Can you send us a screenshot of what you mean?

We’re still adding more elements to this system so it would be good for us to know what the problem is and if we’ve already solved it internally.

I think it’s about how if you put deco stones or trunks against certain position you’ll get different orientation of block. You don’t get that with lustrous timber, it’s always oriented in one direction.

This is already available in the development version, there are very few blocks that cannot have their texture rotated in the normal way now.

4 Likes