Plot setting, allow others to build over or under your plots

I think that it would be nice to be able to adjust a plot so others may claim plots under or over it.

For example when building a road this setting could be used if you dont mind others building a bridge over it or a tunnel under it at a later time. Then the road is guaranteed to stay intact but will enable others to use the rest of the space. It might allow more interesting cities to develop.

Alternately that it is possible for a player to request to build inside someone elses airspace, then the plot owner can choose to allow it or not after reviewing it. Maybe similar options has already been considered.

I think that the current system which reserves space below and above a plot to be great. But it would be nice with some more flexibility.

8 Likes

Well, then you get the problem that people can completely block in other players.

BUT, what if we make it really simple.

Why not standard have all beacons setup the way they are now that it is not allowed to build above or under plots, but give each beacon an option to enable “Allow others to build over/under your plots”.

I think that would be the best option :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I was thinking about it, but what would happen first player would change “Allow others to build over/under your plots” back to reserved state, and what then?
It should be a permament change.

There is also one more problem. When placing beacon you automatically claim other plots above and below as reserved. So if the second player would like to place a beacon in this reserved area, his beacon should also automatically apply “Allow others to build over/under your plots”.

Quite complicated in my opinion

1 Like

Then we leave the system as is.

The worlds are large enough to play anywhere you want and road owners can adjust roads (above/below) for other players as they already do now.
Let’s not make things more complicated then they need to be.

And I would not want a person above me using lava or water… Just stick to the system we have now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, it should be the same as it is now as standard. It would take an extra action to make the space available, if one chooses to.

Yes, it should be a permanent change. At least in the sense that if someone has built something it should not be possible to evict them. Maybe if you change it back to reserved no additional claiming can take place. And yes, I have to agree that it might be a bit complicated compared to the benefits. But I wanted to throw it out there and see what you think.

Sure, I would not want lava on my land either.

perfect solution got my vote

I think it would be best to have it so people being able to build above or below you, have to be added into your beacon with a different kind of permission. Meaning, only people added there can plot there. That will eliminate the issue of an unknown player enclosing you.

Plus normally that feature will only be used by guilds or a group of players.

3 Likes

this is a big gamechanger i stopped builds cause off this issue
mountain wall village for example
or leveled citys

and is this not what i saw in the gametrailer citys?

so for moment villages can only grow bigger in width not in heigt
for the abandoned places issue this could help alot as the rooms will be seen in citys as decor not as rows off empty houseplots

just an option on the beacon reserve above and under or dont reserve

5 Likes

I agree it just takes too many plots to do it right now. Which is a shame, a walled city could be very cool.

1 Like

walled city would be cool but i meant city appartements in the face off the mountain