Plot system needs reworked

Can’t take any of this too serious still have no idea what direction they will take this game might remove plots all together

1 Like

Plots do need a rework but imo we need to keep far away from anything that further enables land speculation. “Rent” is already manageable by mall owners by using the existing permissions. I don’t believe it needs a lot of iteration, frankly.

What I DO want is the option to toggle “allow ploting above or below” so we can build vertical cities with different floors having individual permissions or owners.

2 Likes

That would be cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

I do understand the point you are bringing up & I agree with this statement. Until the transition is mostly complete & Monumental has assembled their BL team, I think we’ll continue to see ideas that are all over the place.

2 Likes

Moreso on Sovereigns … but on Homeworlds if a shop leaves it remains free to take… with zero repercussions. I think the plot system needs some rework in the sense like I said, a few more beacon types.

Poor DK Mall. I need @DKPuncherello to come back and play and make a new mall.

3 Likes

I’ve not been in a mall for a long time, so correct me if I’m wrong with how this works: cannot a mall owner set a store plot owned by the mall and then “rent” that plot to another user by giving them worker/builder/access permissions on that store plot? Or is that not how it is done now?

1 Like

The problem with that is that plot owner can take all your stuff

I guess you technically could do that. I think the way Ive always seen is someone opens a mall, plots the shops with beacons … removes the beacon when someone wants a shop and the shop owner places their beacon.

I suppose the rental could happen … the way you explained.

2 Likes

This is where a degree of trust between shop keeps and mall operators becomes critical. It’s an online community, and one’s social reputation is worth more than any economic resource. Not to say that landlords are historically the most reputable people, but its a system that closely parallels the real world. Granted, we don’t have a functional justice system in game… yet. Perhaps that could change.

2 Likes

While the number of daily players is low, the current system is ok. Not ideal though. It’s bad if everyone in your settlement isn’t in the same time zone. It makes it difficult to give out spaces and it makes it difficult for when people want to move & return their space to you. Even worse if the reservation system locks plots in the process…then your city/market ends up with a hole that no one can do anything about or use.

We all have a small max limit on friends, how many can join a guild, and the # of beacons we can have. If the game gets a lot more players, some of us would have to delete people off of our friends list, delete beacons, etc.

I believe there is at least one settlement that retains ownership of all their spaces/beacons. They have said it works well for them.

2 Likes

Lets not try to have any parallels with the real world in this regards please.

1 Like

No disagreement here, but that’s exactly what a mall does in this context, if that is the players goal. If you’re goal is to allow plot ownership of shops, you don’t build a mall, you build a market district. The real world parallels already exist in this regard.

1 Like